Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wheat Puri Paal Poli

When i was kid, i wont love to have that much when my mom prepare puris specially for morning breakfast, for me its a heavy food for morning breakfast, i always feel sleepy if i have puris for breakfast when i was schooling...but now its one of my favourite food but yet i cant have them for morning breakfast, anyhow i wont make puris often at home, as my H doesnt like these deep fried beauties..Its quite rare i prepare puris here, but whenever i prepare this delicious sweet dessert with puris, everyone at home love to have this yummyilicious paal poli as its tastes marvellous if they served warm or chilled..I prepared some mini puris to make out this dessert in case if u have some left over puris at home, just blend the leftover puri chunks in a blender or cut them as any shape as u desire and soak them in warm milk flavoured with cardamom powder and sugar, this delicious paal poli is ready to serve...With leftover puris, this paal poli is really a quick dessert..but i love to prepare this polis with freshly fried mini puris as my lil ones love to have them as evening snacks... Its such a prefect evening snacks everyone at home love this and i can say that if u prepare this sweet paal polis at home, everyone will definitely love this also this paal poli will vanish within few minutes if u serve them for evening snacks or for a special day dessert..



1/2cup Wheat flour
1/4tsp Salt
1/2cup Ghee
2cups Milk
1/2cup Sugar
1/4cup Jaggery powder
1tsp Cardamom powder

Knead the wheat flour, salt with enough water as smooth and stiff dough..keep aside for half an hour..I used ghee to deep fry my mini puris, if u want to make out with oil u can do very well, but frying in ghee will turns out this dish too delicious..Make out mini puris either with a rolling pin or with puri press..heat the ghee in medium flame and deep fry the mini puris until they turns golden brown..


Meanwhile in an another stove, combine together the sugar, milk, jaggery powder in a large vessel and bring them to boil, stir until the sugar and jaggery gets dissolved, finally add the cardamom powder, put off the stove..add all the deep fried puris to the cardamom flavoured milk..let them sit for an hour..

Now u can serve either warm or chilled..this puri paal poli tastes divine if they are served chilled..Enjoy!!

25 comments:

priya said... Reply To This Comment

you rock, priya!!!....delicious n yummy!!!

chef and her kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

simple one dear..

Nandinis food said... Reply To This Comment

Wheat Puri Paal Poli! Sweet name! So good it looks! Nice! When I was small, I eat puris on purpose to fall asleep in history classes!

Soma Pradhan said... Reply To This Comment

Nice Recipe..Heard about it for 1st time

prasu said... Reply To This Comment

Nice recipe dear......it's my fav. i used have it in my friends house...I have searched for the recipe many times but could not find....I'll surely try ur's....it looks so yummy dear.....

Tina said... Reply To This Comment

Its completely a new recipe to me...looks yummy.

Shri said... Reply To This Comment

My brother used to eat like this...Must have been delicious!I am craving now, Priya:((How I wish you were next door:D

Menaga Sathia said... Reply To This Comment

சூப்பர் ப்ரியா!!மைதாவில் தான் நான் பால் போளி செய்து இருக்கேன்.கோதுமையில் செய்து பார்க்கிறேன்.

Sushma Mallya said... Reply To This Comment

well never abt this one...Surely looks very yummy by its recipe..will surely give it a try ..

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

I love Paal poli, this looks delicious. Nice one.

Preeti Kashyap said... Reply To This Comment

yummm...dont i love this dish!

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said... Reply To This Comment

My SIL like to have puri soaked in hot milk and honey..it's very taste. I have a habit of eating puris with tomato ketchup..Everyone used to make fun of our eating habit..these wheat puri looks very yummy Priya...cherishing those moments with my SIL back India just by looking at ur post..thank u so much

Avisha said... Reply To This Comment

I have never heard of this dish, but it looks yummy and would love to try it out.

chakhlere said... Reply To This Comment

This is a new dish for me. Looks quite heavy but tasty. I loved the concept.

Urmi said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely recipe..Looks delicious and yummy.

Malar said... Reply To This Comment

I dont like poories...Your idea makes me to eat it.. :)

Shama Nagarajan said... Reply To This Comment

nice recipe...lovely

Valarmathi Sanjeev said... Reply To This Comment

Wow... that looks so yummy. Nice recipe. Looks delicious.

Valarmathi Sanjeev said... Reply To This Comment

Wow... that looks so yummy. Nice recipe. Looks delicious.

Laavanya said... Reply To This Comment

That looks so delicious.. i don't think i've tasted these before but very tempting.

Nithya said... Reply To This Comment

Wow.. this is delicious.. Yummy it looks.. :)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Slurp!!!
What a delicious recipe!! Sure a must try paal poli! Lovely & unique dear!

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

Delicious paal poli!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said... Reply To This Comment

simple and yummy one...

CurryLeaf said... Reply To This Comment

Love the paal poli.Too swet and perfect.What u said is true,frying in ghee makes it all the more delish.