Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mixed Vegetables Chilli Kothu Parotta

Kothu parotta, i love this delicious dish..Whenever i go to Indian restaurant i usually order kothu parotta, but anyhow making out this spicy and delicious dish at home also needs hardly few minutes if u go for store bought parottas..Quick dish with plenty of colourful veggies tastes marvellous for lunch or for dinner..I have added two bowls of chopped veggies to this kothu parotta, as my lil ones are picky eaters, this is how i feed my lil ones to eat veggies, as they like parottas very much..I have prepared parottas quite a long and freezed them after cooking them..I used those already half cooked parottas to make out this mixed vegetables chilli kothu parotta...This chilli kothu parotta is such a complete dish u doesnt even need any side dish,anyhow some may go for tomato ketchup..For non vegetarian version, u can either add cooked chicken chunks,minced meat or eggs..This mixed vegetables chilli kothu parotta suits incredibly to lunch box menu and i can definitely say that kids will love to carry this delicious dish for their lunch...



4nos Plain parottas
2nos Onions (chopped)
1no Tomato (chopped)
1nos Carrot (chopped)
1/2cup Green peas
1/2cup Green and red capsicum (chopped)
1no Potato (chopped)
2nos Green chillies (slit opened)
1/2tsp Fennel seed powder
1/2tsp Pepper powder
1/2tsp Ginger garlic paste
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
1/2tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tsp Red chilly powder
3nos Curry leaves
2tbsp Coriander leaves (chopped)
Oil
Salt

Cook the parottas and cut the parottas as small pieces or either grind as small pieces in a mixie, keep aside...Heat the onion, tomatoes,curry leaves and fennel seed powder and saute well,now add the ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell disappears..now add the chopped carrots, chopped potatoes, green peas, slit opened green chillies and saute everything well, finally add the green and red capsicum and saute for a while..finally add the garam masala powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, salt and add the parotta pieces, cook everything in simmer  for about 10minutes until the parottas get well mixed....

Finally add the coriander leaves and put off the stove..


34 comments:

Jeyashris Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

i too love this parrota very much and make this for my daughters lunch box too.
I have my own version posted in my blog.Will try your's also next time

Shama Nagarajan said... Reply To This Comment

lovely parotta....

Nandinis food said... Reply To This Comment

Kothu parotta is my husband's favorite dish! Nice way to encourage kids to eat veggies! It's lovely!

chef and her kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

yummy..yummy..today only I was thinking abt it...looks nice

Sushma Mallya said... Reply To This Comment

Thats def a nice way to use frozen parathas...lovely pic too...looks delicious

Menaga Sathia said... Reply To This Comment

கொத்து பரோட்டவை ஞாபகப்படுத்திட்டீங்களே ...இனி செய்துட வேண்டியதுதான்.நல்லாயிருக்கு ப்ரியா!!

Rohini said... Reply To This Comment

Wow, never tried this one, just the normal parottas!! Will definitely give this one a try.. Fab pics Priya, as always!!

Sudeshna said... Reply To This Comment

This is lovely, a good thing to serve to kids. Sometime back I saw this recipe in one of the Travel and Living shows on Sri Lankan cuisine.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

hey priya..yummy dish..unga enrgy la paathi kooda illa..how r u managing to post evryday..Man u r rocking

Tina said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy parotta...

Medhaa said... Reply To This Comment

never tried this before, seems interesting, will have to try

Pari Vasisht said... Reply To This Comment

I love eating this a lot, I am hungry Priya....

CurryLeaf said... Reply To This Comment

Hearty Dish Priya.Hearty and healthy with the addition of veggies.

Sarah Naveen said... Reply To This Comment

My fav!!! reminds me of my childhood days,when my brother used to get me this from street vendors...
Looks yummy!!!

prasu said... Reply To This Comment

it's totally new to me dear.........it sounds delicious, so sure will give it a try.

SE said... Reply To This Comment

looks delicious..am used to making this with leftover roti or chapati..

Padma said... Reply To This Comment

One of fav dish Priya... looks colorful and yummy :)

chakhlere said... Reply To This Comment

This looks yummy!!!

Nithya said... Reply To This Comment

Wow,.... this is tempting.. I just love the ones we get in hot chips over here and I am sure this would taste so good too :)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Omg, this kothu parotta looks tremendous priya...makes me hungry..I am sure tastes yummy.

Priyanka Navis said... Reply To This Comment

kothu parotta is my altime favourite....looks yummy

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

Reminds my kottu parotta post which need to be post! This one with loads of veggie is absolutely delish!

vidhas said... Reply To This Comment

Love this Priya. Looks so tempting. i also have this whenever i go to restarants. Mouthwatering dish

Preeti Kashyap said... Reply To This Comment

wow..never had a dish like this...should try sometime!

srinithya said... Reply To This Comment

delicious............ and healthy

prasu said... Reply To This Comment

collect ur awards from my blog dear.

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said... Reply To This Comment

Mouth-watering kottu parotta Priya..

Varsha Vipins said... Reply To This Comment

looks good akka..I make it quite often,like how we used to get in restuarants ,with sauces n all..have posted it before too..its chilli porotta..n kothu porotta I guess made with non veg gravy called kheema n all that..love this version too..:)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely one, very delicious one.

Shri said... Reply To This Comment

When I saw the name, I was expecting to see a roti type dish..This looks yummy!

Raks said... Reply To This Comment

Wow,looks really good! Adding fennel is new to me,sure will try next time!

my kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

I love parotta,ur version looks interesting & healthy one

Archy said... Reply To This Comment

mixed veg parota looks so gud !!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

I think the obesity is very danger for everybody, is like a pump that can explot any time. So is necesary to take care exercising and taking good and healthy food and stop eating junk food.If you eat more vegetables or fruits will see a big difference in our life. The life is too short, so we need to take care of us every single day for enjoy the things that the life gave to us. I bought my house through costa rica homes for sale and i enjoy it every day.