Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mushroom Paneer Masala Stuffed Buns

Nothing will beat the homemade bakes especially the savoury ones, i can serve my teddies easily homemade savoury bakes or buns with any sort of stuffings or with any spices..After broccoli and cauliflower, my teddies hates mushrooms, i dunno why they hate this incredible vegetarian meat, i love this edible fungus even raw..But fortunately i can feed everyone at home by cooking mushrooms as masalas or with other veggies as fried rice..My recent attempt was this fabulous looking spicy and delicious buns with button mushrooms and scrambled paneer, for my surprise this cute looking buns vanished very quickly and everyone at home enjoyed having for their snacks..Sending this wonderful looking buns to Deceptively Delicious For Kids guest hosted by Pavani,event by Srivalli & Radhika's Winter Carnival..


3cups All purpose flour
2tsp Active dry yeast
1/2tsp Sugar
1tsp Salt
1/2cup Luke warm water
3tbsp Olive oil

Mix the yeast,sugar and salt in luke warm water and keep aside for 5minutes until the yeast turns foamy..take the flour in a large vessel, add gradually the foamy yeast and olive oil, knead everything as smooth and soft dough, arrange the dough in a greased bowl,keep in a warm place for atleast two hours and let the dough gets doubled their volume..

Mushroom & Paneer Masala:
1cup Scrambled paneer
1cup Mushrooms (chopped)
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1tsp Garam masala powder
1no Onion (big & chopped)
1no Tomato (chopped)
1tsp Red chilly powder
Salt
Oil

Heat oil in a pan, let crack the cumin seeds, add immediately the chopped onions,chopped tomatoes, saute until the onions turns transculent, add immediately the chopped mushrooms,saute for few minutes, add  garam masala powder,red chilly powder,salt and cook everything in simmer for few minutes,finally add the scrambled paneer,give a quick stir and put off the stove,keep aside and let the masala get cooled completely..

Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet over a baking tray..Punch down the dough and make 8-10 medium sized balls,dust the balls with flour and flatten them with a rolling pin as a small thick disc, place the already prepared masala,cover the masala completely with the dough, shape the dough as buns..Arrange the stuffed buns over the baking tray,sprinkle few seeds (completely optional) and bake in middle rack for 20-25minutes until the crust turns golden brown..

44 comments:

Nandita SS said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy stuffed buns Priya. This is a very clever way to make kids eat their veggies :)

Faseela said... Reply To This Comment

luks yummy n delicious....

Shanthi Krishnakumar said... Reply To This Comment

Stuffed buns are always filling and comfortable. Mushrooms and paneer are sure a treat and healthy for children

Mélange said... Reply To This Comment

Sheer torture Priya..Awesome.

My Kitchen Antics said... Reply To This Comment

loving the stuffed buns priya..

Padhu Sankar said... Reply To This Comment

I feel like having it now

Radhika said... Reply To This Comment

Love the stuffing Priya. It has come out superbly.

Sushma Mallya said... Reply To This Comment

Priya looks so yummy loved the filling here, will try this soon for my son who loves mushroom:)

Mary Bergfeld said... Reply To This Comment

This really looks tasty. I'd love to have this for lunch today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my goodness -- I'm drooling over here! I have never seen stuffed buns, but oh my what a filling! It's the best of both worlds!

Srivalli said... Reply To This Comment

Awesome buns Priya..so yummy!

Kalyani said... Reply To This Comment

Liked it Priya ! coincidence that i too posted Moong Dal stuffed buns for BM today :-) and have linked it to ur CWS event too !


Kalyani
200th Post & Giveaway
Event Ends 30th Nov: Flavours of China

Chitra said... Reply To This Comment

Love it .I want a bite ;)

Kaveri Venkatesh said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy! Looks very delicious

Suja Manoj said... Reply To This Comment

Love the stuffing..looks super yum

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Hey this is fantastic! Feels like making it right away!

HomeKreation said... Reply To This Comment

I like, I like, I like!

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said... Reply To This Comment

Looks great,new to me,but should try it.

vaishali sabnani said... Reply To This Comment

Priya these are awsum...I wish I cud bake these..really bad with baking..actually nervous..but I guess these are motivating me ..thnx dear!

Jacqueline Meldrum said... Reply To This Comment

What a fabulous idea. They look amazing. I'll have to give these a go. I think my hubby would love them :)

Aarthi said... Reply To This Comment

yum yum

hotpotcooking said... Reply To This Comment

perfect buns

Vardhini said... Reply To This Comment

Stuffing and the buns look perfect.


Vardhini
Checkout my 200th Post Giveaway
Event: Bake Fest
Event: Dish it Out - Soy and Tomatoes

Amina Creations said... Reply To This Comment

wow... buns look awesome... delicious..

Jayanthy Kumaran said... Reply To This Comment

looks super yuuuuuuuummmmmy...priya.;)
Tasty Appetite

Deepti said... Reply To This Comment

loved the tasty n spicy filling..


http://panchamrutham.blogspot.com/

vidhas said... Reply To This Comment

we love mushrooms at any form. your bun looks yum and feel like having now.

Sangeetha M said... Reply To This Comment

perfect stuffed buns..like the yummy filling...

Cool Lassi(e) said... Reply To This Comment

The stuffed buns looks insanely good!

Alessandra said... Reply To This Comment

What a great idea... and I guess that I could do it with palak paneer too???

Ciao
A.

Padmajha said... Reply To This Comment

Stuffed buns look so tempting.Nice way to get kids eat the veggies...

veena said... Reply To This Comment

On a baking Spree? they look so good am sure very filling too

DV said... Reply To This Comment

Nice spicy buns! :) I was looking for a savory item to bake and this seems to be a perfect fit!

Gayathri Kumar said... Reply To This Comment

These buns are so inviting....

saffronstreaks said... Reply To This Comment

this is one droolworthy buns..I loved the mushroom stuffing in it.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

REcently tried baking some buns Priya and sothapala, yeast played bad!!!!:(
Stuffed buns looks yummy!!!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I have never tried stuffed buns (having not mastered event the simple buns, this might be a big disaster!), this looks like a recipe to try.

Nalini's Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Healthy stuffing, the bun looks so delicious and perfectly done.

Suma Gandlur said... Reply To This Comment

You are making all healthy snacks, Priya.

Urmi said... Reply To This Comment

Stuffed buns looks spicy, yummy and delicious.

Vidhya said... Reply To This Comment

Your teddies sounds so much like my little girl.Will try this recipe and see if I can covert my mushroom hating daughter to a mushroom lover.

The Pumpkin Farm said... Reply To This Comment

yummy buns, nice filling too

Archana said... Reply To This Comment

Soooooooooo delicious. Mine also hates mushrooms will definitely try this out.
Hosting an event which I am calling Back to our Roots Also hosting for Nov’11 Veggie Food for the Month_Raw Banana. Please do send me your entries.

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

I love the stuffing, should be great breakfast!