Saturday, February 28, 2009

Eggless Tiramisu - Absolutely Delish

Tiramisu, delicious Itlaian dessert..quite famous all over the world..made with mascarpone cheese, lady's finger biscuits n whipping cream this dessert is usually prepared by adding eggs, in my version i have completely skipped the eggs n prepared just with eggless cake, cream, coffee n cheese..The name tiramisù means "pick-me-up", referring to the two caffeine-containing ingredients, espresso and cocoa...can prepared tiramisu with strawberries, raspberries, also with different fruits, but i have prepared the traditional tiramisu...its really a delicious dessert, but one thing while having this delicious dessert, u should n't think about the weight, coz of cheese n cream this dessert is quite a heavy dessert any how its worth to try n enjoy every spoon of this creamy cheesy dessert friends..



1cup Heavy Whipping cream
1/2cup Sugar
2slices Eggless vanila cake
1+1/2cup Mascarpone cheese
1cup Cold coffee
2tbsp Dark chocolate powder

Chill the whipping cream and bowl by keeping in freezer for few minutes, whisk the whipping cream until it reaches stiff peaks with a electric hand mixer.

Put the cheese, sugar in a bowl n whisk it for a while, now fold the whipped cream to the cheese mixture, just brush the cake with cold coffee n turn both sides, dont soak for a long, they will turn mushy..Arrange the cake in a rectangular baking pan..

Put half of the cheese mixture on the caje,apply the second layer of cake and remaining cheese, sift the chocolate powder over the cream cheese, cover in a plastic wrap n place the pan in fridge, keap atleast for 2hours..

While serving springle a bit of chocolate power n serve it immediately..

31 comments:

Saritha said... Reply To This Comment

hmmmmmmmm delicious

lubnakarim06 said... Reply To This Comment

Wow looks droolworthy.....Never tasted it but read and heard lot about this delish dessert.

Arundathi said... Reply To This Comment

My husband says (he's sitting next to me) - "Are you kidding me?? That looks amazing!!" :-)

Chutneytales said... Reply To This Comment

Yumm!!!

Vibaas said... Reply To This Comment

Priya, it looks so delicious. i have to try this for my husband. he loves coffee and i cannot take anything that has even the slightest coffee flavour in it :O Naan south indian-nu sonna yaarum namba maata ;-)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

I can do any thing for this and that too eggless you have stolen my heart dear in my view delicious is a small word for this superb superb....

Mahimaa's kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

wow... supera iruku paakave.bookmarked to try.i have always been searching for eggless tiramisu recipe.. but found a perfect one... ippo kadaichiduthu :)

CurryLeaf said... Reply To This Comment

Love this Priya.Trly delish its looking.Its in my to do list.I think I should bookmark your entire blog ,I see a list of recipes that I missed and yet I wanted to do.

Poornima Nair said... Reply To This Comment

wow..that looks so good...im drooling...

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

At my next visit to Paris, I am gonna peek to ur home first Priya! Very tempting slice!

Ashwini said... Reply To This Comment

Tiramisu is one dessert I like anytime..It is heaven..I too have posted the eggless version last year..

Kitchen Chronicles said... Reply To This Comment

Looks very nice, like I see in magazines. Never tasted it.

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Wooowww.... too delicious... absolutely droolworthy :)

Adlak's tiny world said... Reply To This Comment

yummy superb and absolutely delicious...

Preety said... Reply To This Comment

i had this b4..it does taste absolutely delish..nice click

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

kalakungunga... looks yummy & perfect..

suvi said... Reply To This Comment

my favourite!!this looks delicious.

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

drooling yaar...drooling..Great click as always.

♥Rosie♥ said... Reply To This Comment

Oh this looks soooooo delicious!!

Rosie x

Madhu's cooking gallery said... Reply To This Comment

Looks Super yummy!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Your tiramisu looks beautiful, Priya! Thanks for joining us for the Festa Italiana!

Proud Italian Cook said... Reply To This Comment

Priya, What's a party without tiramisu! Thanks for bringing this wonderful dish to our festa!!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

I just came from the Italian fiesta where I saw your beautiful Tiramisu. I've never attempted to make it at home but order it in restaurants frequently. Thanks for sharing your eggless recipe.
Sam

bee said... Reply To This Comment

thanks for your lovely entry, dear priya. are you aware of this site?
they seem to have lifted your post and recipe.

http://photomaniacal.com/recipes/eggless-tiramisu-absolutely-delish

a woman who is said... Reply To This Comment

Yes!!! I have been thinking of skipping the eggs myself. I have some ladyfingers in the freezer just waiting for a go.

Thanks for sharing this recipe.

chandra said... Reply To This Comment

Hello, Thanks for the wonderful eggless tiramisu recipe but have one question i found ladies finger with eggs only could not find eggless. Any idea where to get eggless ladies fingers??I live in Atlanta GA

Meenal said... Reply To This Comment

those lady fingers are not eggless..

Mere Chulhe Se..... said... Reply To This Comment

Its really delicious. Priya I have a doubt, where did u found those eggless lady fingers? I really love it.

niky said... Reply To This Comment

how do i get chocolate poder /or how do i make it

catering Fort Lauderdale said... Reply To This Comment

This recipe is so great! I found what I have been looking for. Well, it is just that I find it a little worrying to be placing raw eggs on a dessert because I am not completely assured of the cleanliness of the eggshell. This makes it even worse because I have young kids who really love this. Thus, I am so grateful that I would not have to worry about that because this recipe is just perfect. Thank you.

Meenal said... Reply To This Comment

how could u say eggless when the ladyfingers are not eggless..