Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bhelpuri

Bhel puri is a puffed rice dish with potatoes and a tangy tamarind chutney..its a type of chaat particularly identified with Mumbai beach...Bhelpuri is prepared across India with many different names...The ingredients include diced boiled potatoes, tamarind and dates chutney,with sev, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes etc..Bhelpuri was originally from Gujarat and its a fast food item, later they got merged with mumbai culture and became synonymous with Mumbai..There are two popular chutneys are used to prepare this bhelpuri, one is dark sweet chutney made mainly with dates and tamarind and the another one is spicy green chutney made with coriander leaves and green chillies...I went once to Mumbai, but i have tasted few mumbai chaat foods since am a great fan of chaat foods.


2cups Puffed rice
1cup Sev
1/2no Red onion(chopped finely)
1/2no Tomato (chopped finely)
2no Potatoes (boiled and chopped)
1/4cup Cucumber pieces
1/4tsp Chaat Masala
Salt
1/2tsp Sweet chutney (tamarind and dates chutney)
1/2tsp Spicy green chutney (coriander n green chilly chutney)

Mix everything in a large bowl and serve immediately in a small snacks plates... else the juice from tomatoes, cucumber may turns this bhel puri soggy..Enjoy!!!

28 comments:

ashsdelicacies.blogspot.ca said... Reply To This Comment

I love Bhelpuri...The recipe looks simple and tasty!!!

Manju said... Reply To This Comment

my all time favourite!!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy ! One of my favorite snack...

Varsha Vipins said... Reply To This Comment

Guess evryones fav it is..yummyyy dear..:)

Pooja said... Reply To This Comment

Aww my favourite! Looks so tempting!

Padma said... Reply To This Comment

One of my fav snack... looks yummm....

Cilantro said... Reply To This Comment

My favorite, you seem to be posting recipes even before I comment.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

My all time favorite, looks delicious.

Gita Jaishankar said... Reply To This Comment

Ooh...thats so yummy :)

Kalai said... Reply To This Comment

Definitely one of my favorite chaats! Looks awesome, Priya! :)

Sunshinemom said... Reply To This Comment

My favourite snack:)

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

who wudnt love this crunchy chaat food? it looks yummy.

Pavithra Elangovan said... Reply To This Comment

Oh wow send me some na.... so tempting

Shama Nagarajan said... Reply To This Comment

yummy dear....nice post

Preeti Singh said... Reply To This Comment

I love bhelpuri ....u r making me drool....

chef and her kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Love this anytime dear..looks perfect..

Sushma Mallya said... Reply To This Comment

hi priya...looks simple & nice....will surely try this one..

Parita said... Reply To This Comment

I love bhel puri, unfortunately we dont get sev here :(

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Bhelpuriiiiiiiiiiiii hummmmmm yummmmy my fav.you are tempting me alot priya.ummm drooling

suvi said... Reply To This Comment

now who wouldn't like this one?!! I just love it, thanks for the entry.

Valarmathi Sanjeev said... Reply To This Comment

Looks so tasty Priya.

Sarah Naveen said... Reply To This Comment

Hey Priya...

Looks so Yummy...
I am gonna try it some day......
Thanx for sharing it...

Poornima Nair said... Reply To This Comment

One of my fav chaats...looks delicious.

Avisha said... Reply To This Comment

One of my favorite ...

Mangala Bhat said... Reply To This Comment

One of my Favarite !!:) .Simple abd tasty !!!!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya,

I am a fan of your recipes.. :)
One suggestion for your bhelpuri - add lil sugar and lemon. This gives a very good taste. You can add grated carrot and few roasted groundnuts. I made this yesterday and it was awesome.

muzthedevil said... Reply To This Comment

Your post is really amazing.
Bhei puri house