Saturday, July 31, 2010

Announcing Cooking With Seeds-Fennel Seeds

Successfully my event calling for Cooking With Seeds going to enter its 8th announcement, actually Silpa of Anita's Kitchen wanted to host this month's event but unfortunately its seems she was bit busy with her new job, even i mailed her few days back asking about this month's event, till now i didnt get any mails from her, so thought of hosting this month's theme by myself, eventhough i'll be in break for few days, am happy to host this event after a long..So friends this month's seeds is going to be fennel seeds..

Fennel Seeds (Sauf) are very effective for digestive problems. These seeds can be chewed upon or had as a tea decoction for beneficial effects upon the stomach. In India, these are routinely chewed upon after meals to aid in digestion after a rich meal while acting as a herbal mouth freshener.Fennel seeds often provide quick and effective relief from many digestive disorders. They help to overcome gas, cramps, acid indigestion, and many other digestive tract maladies.Also these fennel seeds are very important in making many dishes in India, yea i cant prepare kurma or non vegetarian dishes without fennel seeds, my pantry always have a bottle of fennel seeds which i ground as fine powder often even for making masala with veggies or with meats, hope to see many delicious dishes prepared with fennel seeds for this month's event....Do send ur dishes prepared with fennel seeds, both vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes are welcome..

Fennel seed logo


Wat u need to do:

1)Cook or create dishes with fennel seeds as anything(vegetarian, vegan or non-vegetarian are accepted)..

2)Many entries per person are allowed..

3)Link back ur entry to this announcement..

4)I'll accept the old entries, if they are linked with this page..

5)Using logo will be appreciated..

6)Email me to Priyasuresh09@gmail.com with subject as CWS-Fennel Seeds with following details:

Your Name:
Blog's Name:
Recipe Name:
Recipe url:
A photo of 350pixels width

Please take care to send all ur entries before 31th August 2010..

7) If u dont have blog, no problem..pls do send ur entries to the above mail address, i'll include them while doing the roundup..

Do prepare ur dishes with fennel seeds and send me through mail, really waiting to see all ur delicious entries!!!

47 comments:

Srividhya Ravikumar said... Reply To This Comment

wonderful topic priya... i will surely be in...

veena said... Reply To This Comment

sure to send in my entry soon

Hari Chandana P said... Reply To This Comment

Wonderful event priya :)

priya.r said... Reply To This Comment

Interesting Topic.Will Try!

Nivedita Thadani said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya,
I am in, I already have a recipe in my draft!
:-)

fimere said... Reply To This Comment

j'aime beaucoup les graines de fenouil et je les utilise très souvent
je vais essayer de trouver une recette pour l'occasion
bonne journée

Mary Bergfeld said... Reply To This Comment

This sounds like an interesting challenge. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

aipi said... Reply To This Comment

nice event..count me in :)

Kiran said... Reply To This Comment

Very nice event.Will send in my entries.Enjoy your vacation.

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said... Reply To This Comment

will you count panchforon which has fennel with other four seeds?

Rahin said... Reply To This Comment

For every CWS event I keep thinking this time I will send in my entry , doesnt always work out for me , hopefully this time I should be able to participate, already have a recipe in mind :)

Shabitha Karthikeyan said... Reply To This Comment

I'm in Priya...That's an easy seed...

Swathi said... Reply To This Comment

Nice theme for the event. Sure i will send my entries.

Jayanthy Kumaran said... Reply To This Comment

interesting theme...count me in.

Akila said... Reply To This Comment

Nice one... Will definitely send in my entry dear.....

Umm Mymoonah said... Reply To This Comment

Nice seed selection Priya, will definitely send my entries too.

Chetana Suvarna Ganatra said... Reply To This Comment

Priya tats an interesting theme, only if I was less busy, wud hv loved to participate.
Anyways a award is waiting for u in my blog...congrats gal.

Ushnish Ghosh said... Reply To This Comment

Dear priya
Thats a great Idea.
I recall I had posted one traditional Bong dish..UDat dal with Fennel seasoning...Let me see if I can make some and post..
Have a nice week ahead

Hamaree Rasoi said... Reply To This Comment

Very interesting theme. Would definitely send my entry before August 31st .

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Priya, that is a wonderful seed. I will surely participate as I use this seed a lot. I have few archived and will surely prepare few new ones :)

Renus Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

nice topic and fennel is my favorite spice :) will try to cook something

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Fennels is my most favorite spice too :) Will surely try to participate in this event, Priya..

Urmi said... Reply To This Comment

Very nice and interesting theme.
Wish you a Happy Friendship Day.

Pavani said... Reply To This Comment

nice event,,i will try to send my entry

Mythreyi Dilip said... Reply To This Comment

Wow! very nice event, will send my entries soon dear:)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

hey thats a nice event, coz I use it on an everyday basis to spice up something in the morning :) ....hey dear, I noticed the past few times I visited your blog, whenever I click the comments (to view comments and post) link on the bottom of all the recipes, a spam window opens (like the ones with some third party games/emoticons )....just wanted to let you know that.

Ramya Vijaykumar said... Reply To This Comment

Count me in Priya!!! Have missed many of your posts shall do the catching up soon!!!

Rumana Rawat said... Reply To This Comment

Interesting theme priya:)

PJ said... Reply To This Comment

nice choice for the seeds event.

Roshu said... Reply To This Comment

gr8 theme!!!!
plz collect ur award frm my blog

Sushma Mallya said... Reply To This Comment

Nice event priya

Krishnaveni said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely event, enjoy your vacation, loved your paratas, they are great

Sarah Naveen said... Reply To This Comment

Great event ...count me in..

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

i never tried any food with seeds in it. or not that i recall from it.

have a lovely day
jen @ www.passion4food.ca

nandini said... Reply To This Comment

This is the first event i will be participating since i have started blogging. I am happy its got to do with one of my favourite spice. Will feel out of sorts without it in my kitchen....

SpicyTasty said... Reply To This Comment

interesting theme..soon will send our entry :)

Ragini Miranda's Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Very nice blog .please check out mine at
www.happyhealthyfuncooking.blogspot.com
Pls follow if you like it .Would love to participate in your CWS contest

Sook said... Reply To This Comment

I haven't really played around with fennel seeds in my cooking. Sounds great!

shahana said... Reply To This Comment

Interesting event.Will send some recipies soon.

Deepti said... Reply To This Comment

wonderful choice for the event...Happy Hosting...

Vikis Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Great theme dear. I am in....Enjoy your vacation.

Santosh Bangar said... Reply To This Comment

very nice topic. visiting first time and following u now. Kindly visit my blog - santoshbangar.blogspot.com

Urmi said... Reply To This Comment

*********--,_
********['****'*********\*******`''|
*********|*********,]
**********`._******].
************|***************__/*******-'*********,'**********,'
*******_/'**********\*********************,....__
**|--''**************'-;__********|\*****_/******.,'
***\**********************`--.__,'_*'----*****,-'
***`\*****************************\`-'\__****,|
,--;_/*******HAPPY INDEPENDENCE*_/*****.|*,/
\__************** DAY **********'|****_/**_/*
**._/**_-,*************************_|***
**\___/*_/************************,_/
*******|**********************_/
*******|********************,/
*******\********************/
********|**************/.-'
*********\***********_/
**********|*********/
***********|********|
******.****|********|
******;*****\*******/
******'******|*****|
*************\****_|
**************\_,/

Shifa AbduRehman said... Reply To This Comment

nice theme!! im sure u'll be flooded with lots of recipes :)
I have an award for u in my blog please pick it up! :)

Pushpa said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya,
Like fennel seeds a lot,have used it often in my cooking.I have sent two posts for the CWS-Fennel Event.Thanks for hosting the event.

http://www.simplehomefood.com

Daisy Roshan said... Reply To This Comment

interesting event...immense opportunity to innovate.....

MAry Brown said... Reply To This Comment

It looks really amazing!! I have to try it!! Thanks for sharing :-) fennel seeds