Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rava Laddoos/Semolina Laddoos

Needless to say wat is rava laddoos, its one of the famous sweets can be prepared within few minutes if u have all ingredients we need for...yesterday while blogging, my fellow blogger Priya Sriram tempted me by posting Rava laddoos with her awesome clicks, i just started craving but unfortunately its was too late for me sterday to prepare immediately..once i got up today after having my breakfast,as i have some visits today from my family, thought it will be prefect for desserts, i thought of making some rava laddoos, since i prepared long back..i prepared my laddoos as my mom used to prepare usually..This is my entry to Holi Hai by Purva's Daawat also to Meals on Wheels by Lg of Taste of Mysore...


1cup Rava
1cup Sugar
4nos Cardamom
1/4cup Ghee
10nos Cashew pieces

Grind the sugar n cardamom together in a blender into fine powder..dry roast the rava in pan until the aroma comes out..take the roasted rava, powdered sugar n cardamom in a mixing bowl..meanwhile heat a tsp of ghee n roast the cashew nut pieces until they turns brown, heat the remaining ghee in the same pan in simmer, add the roasted cashews to the mixing bowl..add little by little the hot ghee n mix with a spatula...make small balls out the mixture..

Delicious Rava Laddoos !! conserve them air tightened box..

29 comments:

Indian Khana said... Reply To This Comment

Looks so yum...one of my fav too..isn't it very simple to prepare and delicious to eat...I make the same way too..have in my blog the recipe ;)

Trupti said... Reply To This Comment

Ladoos looks very delicious Priya..one of my fav.. Can I have that bowl? :)

CurryLeaf said... Reply To This Comment

Wow,so tempting Rava laddoos.

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Tempting Laddoos priya

Pooja said... Reply To This Comment

Delicious laddoos...Looks so tempting priya..I add coconut to it...

Mrs.Kannan said... Reply To This Comment

Perfect in shape..It really is easy to make

Preety said... Reply To This Comment

i ove making and eating ladoos:)..and ladoos which are so easy and quick to make, who wants to miss a chance to have a perfect sweet..

Chutneytales said... Reply To This Comment

Rava ladoos are very tempting..Looks like the one my grandma makes :)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

can i have one laddoo please they looks so temptimng priya yum yum

Mahimaa's kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

yes, priya sriram tempted us and u are tempting me now.. its an alltime fav.

Priya Sriram said... Reply To This Comment

Thank you so much Priya, for including me in this awesome post! :)

This version looks yet simpler than mine, looks perfect and wonderful! :) Mine is over :( Want to have more, pass me one please! :)

Finla said... Reply To This Comment

Looks so yumm, wish i had them.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Looks so yummy...Just clicked my r.ladoos pics for last diwali and yet to post ;)..i do a simple mod..i add a tsp of ghee while frying the rava :))))A delicious sweet na Priya?

Vaidehi Bhave said... Reply To This Comment

Hey,

looks perfect .. absolutely yummy!

Vaidehi
Delicious Marathi Recipes

Poornima Nair said... Reply To This Comment

Both you Priya's are tempting me with your ladoos:).. I'm definitely gonna make some soon. Looks perfect.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

looks yummy priya.. kalakarenga..

Lavanya said... Reply To This Comment

looks yummy priya nice click too!!

Vibaas said... Reply To This Comment

so yummy. i love rava laddoos, but never made 'em at home. should try.

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

They are too pretty!

suvi said... Reply To This Comment

these laddoos are one of my fave!!

sharada said... Reply To This Comment

Hi,
The ladoos looks perfect & delicious.i never get it right.Must try ur way.
First time i am commenting here - i love all ur recipes.

Suparna said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya,
rava laddoos looks perfectly done and in perfect shape :) damn neat! good job!
TC

sriharivatsan said... Reply To This Comment

Looks so delicious...Very tempting too...

Shama Nagarajan said... Reply To This Comment

priya...my most fav laddoo..

Sanghi said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy delight priya! I'm going to take one:)

Saritha said... Reply To This Comment

Nice ladoos,even i was tempted to do it when i saw priya sriram's laddoos,will make it soon

Deepa Hari said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy ladoos Priya...looks lovely.

Purva Desai said... Reply To This Comment

This is easy and tasty version of Rava Laddoos. Thank you for the lovely entry for the event

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely laddoos!