Sunday, March 8, 2009

Microwave Butter Popcorn - Munch It

Happy Women's Day Friends!!!
Popcorn, they r really mean to munch without any guilty..even kids love to have popcorn while watchin TV also while watching movies..usually i prepare popcorn in stove top, but this time i prepared it in microwave with a tsp of butter n salt..needless to say how we enjoyed munching this butter popcorn..its hardly need few more minutes which we usually spend while making popcorn in stove top...but personally i find microwave popcorn are really very crispy n tasty, even kids can come up easily with this microwave version popcorn...This is my second entry to MEC-Savory Snacks guest hosted by myself, event started by Srivalli, also to Sunday Snacks- Grab & Go by Pallavi of All Thingz Yummy...

1/4cup Popcorn Kernels
2tsp Butter
Salt
2pinch Turmeric powder

Put everything in a brown paper bag...shake the bag,until everything gets well cooked..microwave in high for 10 minutes..take out of the microwave..

Munch it!!!!

15 comments:

Indian Khana said... Reply To This Comment

One of the comfort snack...munch it anytime :)...gud entry dear

PG said... Reply To This Comment

another good thing about it, i don't have toeat them sweet, when i make them at home. yum yum!
A happy women's day to you too!

Trupti said... Reply To This Comment

My comfort food... :)

Happy Women's Day !!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

hmmm..thats my fav snack too..Light and comfortable..Happy Womens Day.

Gita Jaishankar said... Reply To This Comment

Microwave popcorn minus all the preservatives, love it :) I like the idea of adding turmeric for color too...I should make this one soon...

Ivy said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Women's day as well. I've never cooked in the microwave before but I tried to bake and it was a total disaster. Never tried again even something so simple as popcorn. Thirty minutes sounds like a lot of time to cook in the microwave.

Priya Suresh said... Reply To This Comment

Thats a typo Ivy, thanks for letting me know..my keyboard makes me crazy...give a trial Ivy, u will love it..

Thanks Friends for stopping by n leaving ur comments!

Mahimaa's kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

super easy and irresistible too.. isn't it? i am grabbing some priya..

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

lovely recipe... quick and easy to prepare... am pretty sure I am going to be addicted :)

Varsha Vipins said... Reply To This Comment

am addicted to popcorn..lovely one priya..:)

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

I thought I am gonna send only popcorn for you, I never make in stovetop! Happy women 'd Day!

Poornima Nair said... Reply To This Comment

At my home, Popcorn is a must when watching a movie or a match...definitely the most guilt free snack...thats the best entry for the event.

Kayal said... Reply To This Comment

Belated women's day wishes...lovely pop corn

Kitchen Chronicles said... Reply To This Comment

Good to make them at home. My mom usually prepares this on the stove top. I also make them for my children in Microwave, they don't like the sweet ones which we get in shops here.

lubnakarim06 said... Reply To This Comment

Belated wishes dear. My favourite.....Simply yummy.