Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Announcing FIC-Pink/Rose

Hi Friends...

Am very glad and really excited to guest host FIC (Foods in Colour) Event, this is my first guest hosting event...Hope all my blogger friends will surely make this event a great success with their nonstop participation...


Pink, the most romantic colour, more tranquilizing alo represents femininity...Used for love, friendship, harmony, compassion, relaxation and companionship.


Pink is symbolic of gentle emotions and of emotional unions.

Western society often links pink with very young female children and has recently been used in the pick ribbon breast cancer campaign.

Use it in Magic spells of protection and unconditional love.

Rules And Last Date For Ur Entries:

1. Cook and post, between the 1st and 31st March 2009, any food with PINK/ROSE as the 'hero colour' in the finished product. Lavendar or Mauve will not be accepted as shades of pink:).


2. Your preparation could fall into any category of meals but please label whether it is vegetarian or non-vegetarian as the round up will be done in two categories. Please note that raw vegetables are allowed only in soups or salads. Please do not re-post earlier posts for this event. It is fun when we get new entries.

3. You are requested to link your post to this announcement and Harini's FIC Announcement on her blog.

4. If your recipe is inspired or taken from a blog or site, please link by name instead of using a link with "here", to acknowledge the person and not the thing!

5. Send me an e-mail at Priyasuresh09(at)gmail(dot)com with the following details:

Label - Non-vegetarian or vegetarian
Your name:
The name of your blog:
Title of the Pink/Rose dish and URL to the post:
A 300px width image of your pink/rose dish. (Optional)

Feel free to use the logo on your blog, if you wish. The deadline for submissions is the midnight of the 31.03.2009 (your time).

6. If you do not have a blog and would like to participate, please e-mail me your recipe and a picture, and I will include it in the round-up.

Any number of entries are welcome as long as it is a new post and not archived!

45 comments:

vidhas said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya, Congrats of hosting. Pink is my favourite colour. My daugter loves it. Happy to participate in the event.

Kitchen Chronicles said... Reply To This Comment

Happy hosting Priya. Will send you some entries.

jayasree said... Reply To This Comment

Nice choice of color. Will have to start thinking.. Hope to send in something.

lubnakarim06 said... Reply To This Comment

Oh oh awesome color. Iam in. Happy Hosting!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

wow priya first event congrats and nice color will try to send some sure happy hosting dear

suvi said... Reply To This Comment

I have just the thing for this...will post real soon!!

Sunshinemom said... Reply To This Comment

I realized when I visited you yest as to why you chose pink:). Thanks for hosting, Priya. I have put up my announcement. Could you change my link in your post to the announcement link here to avoid clutter?
http://tumyumtreats.blogspot.com/2009/03/fic-pink-or-rose.html

Thanks!

FH said... Reply To This Comment

Great choice Priya. As you know I am taking a break at Aroma, but will try and include a Pink if i can at FH! :)

Vikis Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Pink is always romantic. will send u my favorites too.

Poornima Nair said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful colour Priya...will try to send in somthing...

Finla said... Reply To This Comment

For this one you can surley count me in :-)

Priya Suresh said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks friends, waiting eagerly to receive all ur delicious pinkish entries:)

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

Pink, reminds rose milk :) Great choice and happy hosting :)

Varsha Vipins said... Reply To This Comment

MY fav color..happy hosting dear.:)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya,
Pink is such a lovely colour. I'll make something for the event.

Ashwini said... Reply To This Comment

wow nice color....i have to think something to cook in pink

Ashwini said... Reply To This Comment

wow nice color....i have to think something to cook in pink

Manju said... Reply To This Comment

wow!! thats my favourite color :) i just wanted to know whether use of food colour is allowed? i will try n send in something..

Ashwini said... Reply To This Comment

Happy hosting Priya..Just wanted to know whether salmon can be considered as pink..I have posted in my blog..:-)

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Dear priya, that sounds really nice and interesting. Will beetroot qualify as pink, I wonder!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

hey priya,

pink is also my favourite colour. So ill get my brain cells thinking and i am gonna make some thing for the FIC-Pink!!!

Shobha

Meera said... Reply To This Comment

Oh Nooooo!!! I just posted rose shrikhand which was pretty pink. I guess I should have waited a little longer for this event. But I will think about something new!!! great color!!

Uma said... Reply To This Comment

pink is an interesting theme. Let me see!

Sharmila said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely colour to host Priya! :-)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely colour, but I'm out of ideas... Hard work thinking this time!!
I'm in anyway...

Neha said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely color, 'll try to send something..

Yasmeen said... Reply To This Comment

Pretty pick priya,will try to send in something special:)

Raaga said... Reply To This Comment

My entry will come on tonight. Happy hosting

Sanika N said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Pretty colour will surely send u something soon.

Deepa Hari said... Reply To This Comment

Nice choice Priya...will send u my entry...Happy hosting.

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I sent you something what we think is pink. Did you get it?

Priya Narasimhan said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya,
Posted a recipe for this event.
Will try to post one more.
Priya.

Sanika N said... Reply To This Comment

Pink is lovely colour.First time to your blog. Just mailed you my entries and soon will mail you other.Happy Hosting.

VIDYA VENKY said... Reply To This Comment

hey priya,
iam ready with my entry will post it soon..

lubnakarim06 said... Reply To This Comment

I just mailed you my entry. Check out dear.

lubnakarim06 said... Reply To This Comment

I dropped in my second entry. Check out dear.

Deepa Hari said... Reply To This Comment

Just mailed my entry...do check it out.

chef and her kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya....Lovely colour..I have just posted my entry to your mail.Plz check it out..

Sanghi said... Reply To This Comment

Oooh my favourite colour.. Excellent event Priya.!

Kitchen Chronicles said... Reply To This Comment

Sent you a mail just now.

Chandani said... Reply To This Comment

hey priya, just sent you a mail....

Soma said... Reply To This Comment

Priya just mailed u my entry!
http://www.ecurry.com/blog/drinks-cocktails/the-pink-breeze/

Parita said... Reply To This Comment

Hey Priya, just emailed you my entry...thanks for the wonderful theme :)

Yachna said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya,

What's the cake in the logo of FIC?

Rumela said... Reply To This Comment

Pink is my favorite one of the favorite color. In some cultures, such as the US, pink is the color of little girls.I think Pink for men goes in and out of style. Most people still think of pink as a feminine, delicate color.