Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Announcing Healing Foods-Onions

Healing Foods event started by Siri of Siri"s Corner,goes every month with a food item, by bringing their health benefits to make out dishes in their most healthy form..This month's choice goes for onions, most of our foods cant be prepared without onions, personally i felt that Indians cant live without onions and most of our Indian dishes goes automatically for onions..Thanks a ton to Siri for letting me to host this beautiful event..

There are many different varieties of onion, red, yellow, white, and green.. Each with their own unique flavor, from very strong to mildly sweet. Onions can be eaten raw, cooked, fried, dried or roasted. They are commonly used to flavor dips, salads, soups, spreads, stir-fry and other dishes.

Onions (Allium cepa) belong to the lily family, the same family as garlic, leeks, chives, scallions and shallots.There are over 600 species of Allium, distributed all over Europe, North America, Northern Africa and Asia. The plants can be used as ornamentals, vegetables, spices, or as medicine.Onion is a powerful anti-septic which is rich in vitamins A, B and C. It is a potent source of folic acid, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, chromium, iron and dietary fiber. Whether you eat it raw or cooked, onions help to lower blood pressure,cholestrol naturally and the health benefits of onions goes for a long list..


1)Create any dish using onions and post the same in your blog. You could use any variety of onions. Non-Bloggers can send their recipes with the details..

2) Please link this announcement in your posts and u need to link to Siri's Announcement Page.. Usage of the logo is optional.

3) 5 entries per person is allowed

4) Send your details:
Name:
Blog's Name:
Recipe's Name:
Recipe URL:
Photo (with 300px wide)
to Priyasuresh09@gmail.com before June 30th 2010, midnight.

5)Archived posts are accepted..

51 comments:

Sowmya said... Reply To This Comment

nice event dear....will send my entries asap....

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

happy hosting..

Nivedita Thadani said... Reply To This Comment

Happy hosting,
I am in!!!

sonu said... Reply To This Comment

Super kewl Event do count me in dear....

Suhaina said... Reply To This Comment

nice event,I will send some entries too.

Aruna Manikandan said... Reply To This Comment

count me in dear :-)

Rachana said... Reply To This Comment

A lovely event! Will try n send some entries too :-)

SathyaSridhar said... Reply To This Comment

Priya,, nalla event start panirukeenga kandippa onions recipe la dominant pannum.Kandippa naan en recipes unga event ku anuparen.

Simplyfood said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely event sending in my recipe.

Sushma Mallya said... Reply To This Comment

There is hardly any dish which doesnt have onion, lovely event priya....

My Kitchen Antics said... Reply To This Comment

im sure ur gonna be bombarded with entries:)
good choice priya...

Preeti Kashyap said... Reply To This Comment

I am so in!

Menaga Sathia said... Reply To This Comment

Nice event!!

Nithu Bala said... Reply To This Comment

Happy hosting dear..will send soon..

Taste of Beirut said... Reply To This Comment

What a fitting post to start this event with onions! I could not live in the kitchen without a steady supply! I will try to participate but I am traveling this month and so that may be difficult. We shall see.

Padhu Sankar said... Reply To This Comment

I am in Priya.

Sarah Naveen said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Hosting ..wonderful event

FH said... Reply To This Comment

Great! I am posting 2-3 dishes with onion (not mail ingredient but used onions) tomorrow, will link you and send them! :)

Suji said... Reply To This Comment

Great event, Happy hosting..

Love
Kairali sisters

Panchpakwan said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely event..Count me in..
Happy hosting.

Ambika said... Reply To This Comment

I'm totally in Priya!! I love onions and can not survive without them :)

Umm Mymoonah said... Reply To This Comment

Nice choice Priya, i'm sure most of our dishes are with onion, will definitely try to send some.

3 hungry tummies said... Reply To This Comment

Mmmm I am going to think about this! Excited about this!

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said... Reply To This Comment

count me in too.

Finla said... Reply To This Comment

I am sure you are going to get 100's of entrues with onions as that is someting everybody use every day, sure will join in.

Ameya said... Reply To This Comment

I'm in Priya! Very rarely can I concoct a savory dish without onion :) In case you have not already, I would like to invite you to come visit my blog at http://www.spicesavant.blogspot.com at your convenience. Any feedback/comments you have would be welcome :)

Suja Manoj said... Reply To This Comment

That would be a great event dear..count me in.

There is something waiting for you in my blog..please collect dear.

Mary Bergfeld said... Reply To This Comment

I suspect you'll be inundated with recipes, Priya. You have really organized this well. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Shabitha Karthikeyan said... Reply To This Comment

Super Priya...I will send you a lot of entries..Happy Hosting !!!!

Hayley said... Reply To This Comment

Happy hosting Priya....

Suma Rowjee said... Reply To This Comment

Nice event Priya!! Will surely send my entries..

Kiran said... Reply To This Comment

Happy hosting Priya a nice theme.

Life is beautiful !!! said... Reply To This Comment

I love onions and I am in Priya :)

Swathi said... Reply To This Comment

Priya,

Nice event, i will send my recipes.

SpicyTasty said... Reply To This Comment

I love onions and am also in for the entry.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely event..My fave!!Definitely I'll post my entries

M D said... Reply To This Comment

This is gonna be a hit event! I am sure u will be flooded with loads for this!

Sook said... Reply To This Comment

Ah I wish my husband didn't HATE onions.. I would totally try and create yummy onion dishes. :)

PranisKitchen said... Reply To This Comment

nice idea..without onion no dish is perfect sure send so many

Deepti Pawar said... Reply To This Comment

Great event! Will defn. try to participate!

Hop by my blog when you get a moment for a lil something!

Usha said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely theme Priya ! Will surely send in some entries..........

Krishnaveni said... Reply To This Comment

very nice idea priya. happy hosting

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Wonderful event, Priya..We will send our entries soon..

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Wonderful theme Priya !!! Will surely participate :)

GEETHA ACHAL said... Reply To This Comment

Nice event....

Torviewtoronto said... Reply To This Comment

Nice event
I like to send a recipe does it have to be vegetarian?

Torviewtoronto said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya
Thank you for the visit and comment
I have sent in a recipe
hoping to see you soon :)

Fairy Garden said... Reply To This Comment

Priya, it looks great to be here the first time itself. I will definitely send in mine.

Indian Khana said... Reply To This Comment

Sent my entry Priya :)

Vidya Chandrahas said... Reply To This Comment

Nice event, happy hosting...I will send my entries soon

Vegetarian Zest said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya, my first time here. I have just mailed my entry to you.