Friday, March 13, 2009

Curried Eggplant Rice - T&T from Tasty Palettes

When i saw this curried eggplant rice recipe in Suganya's Tastypalettes, i really want to give a trial to this delicious rice, as its quite simple n easy to prepare...we love these sorts of easy rice dishes and Suganya's curried eggplant rice tempted me a lot...We like it much and i followed everything as same as Suganya did and finally i just added few grated coconut to this dish..its ressemble very much as vangi bhath slightly..Thanks a lot Suganya for sharing this easy eggplant rice dish..this rice dish suits prefectly for lunch box menu too,with simple papads n chips they tastes divine n am damn sure kids will love for the sure..U can find this recipe here...This is my second entry for Tried & Tasted - Tasty Palettes guest hosted by Sweatha of Curry leaf, event started by Zlamushka...



1cup Rice (cooked)
1cup Eggplant (chopped lengthwise)
1no Onion (chopped)
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1tbsp Channa dal
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1tbsp Urad dal
2tsp Curry poder
2nos Green chillies
3nos Curry leaves
3tbsp Grated coconut
Salt
Oil

Heat oil n let the mustard seeds splutters, add the channa dal, urad dal n green chillies, once they get fried add the curry leavers, chopped onion n turmeric powder..add the eggplant pieces, curry powder and salt to the transculent onion, saute until the eggplants get cooked n mixed well with spices...mix the cooked rice n grated coconut..toss gently..

Serve hot with any side dishes!!!

19 comments:

Pavani said... Reply To This Comment

yummy yummy rice yaar ..priya itoo miss u people very much but what to do since iam on second pergency iam having vomtings and unable to cook n post..

lubnakarim06 said... Reply To This Comment

Wow superb.....Still in the bookmarked recipes to try this out. you are so fast dear. Recipe looks yum.

Chutneytales said... Reply To This Comment

I was also thinking of trying this recipe.It looks yumm

Saritha said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy brinjal rice priya,brinjal in any form i love it

FH said... Reply To This Comment

Great choice, I don''t know I have time left to squeeze in one for this event too, my posts are full already! :)

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Haven't tried brinjal rice yet..sweet idea..looks yummy too

AnuSriram said... Reply To This Comment

Priya, you are a super lady.. In just few days, my feeds shows 7 recipes.. Hats off to u! We call it vangi bhath.. and your's looks duper delicious!

Vishali said... Reply To This Comment

Hey Priya...Eggplant rice looks delicious...I love Eggplants..

Finla said... Reply To This Comment

It looks really yummy. I love dishes like these, but my daughter she woudn't eat them unless if i pick out all the veg, which will make me cranky for the lunch time.

Malar Gandhi said... Reply To This Comment

Interesting recipe, a must try one.

Gita Jaishankar said... Reply To This Comment

Very intresting recipe Priya.. I should try this soon :)

sathya said... Reply To This Comment

Nice recipe priya, will give a try !

Lavanya said... Reply To This Comment

super yumm!!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

one more good choice from suganya yours looks so yum yum perfect priya

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

Same pinch, huh? I love the rice for the simplicity!

Poornima Nair said... Reply To This Comment

The rice looks delicious...I had thought of trying this too...

zlamushka said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya, I adore eggplant. Thanks so much for participating T&T this month :-) I ll be looking forward to your next month´s participation :-)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

I agree with Zlamushka,Thanks for sending this to T&T,the rice looks very inviting
Do send more as and when time permits.

Suganya said... Reply To This Comment

Grated coconut is a brilliant idea. I am guessing unsweetened dessicated variety would be nice too. You amaze me with your endless energy, Priya. A big 'Thank you' is all I can say :)