Thursday, September 12, 2013

No Bake Eggless Créme Caramel - My guest post for Nalini

Writing a guest post to a co blogger, any blogger can dream about it, thank god its happens quite often to me and am loving it. Recently Nalini of Nalini's Kitchen asked me to write a guest post for her, as she is celebrating her second blog anniversary. How can i miss a chance, i immediately said yes and i did this wonderful dessert for her.



Actually i know Nalini through blogging marathon before few years back,i'll never forget to visit her space and she shares mouthwatering recipes with breath taking pictures. Beware dont go to her space while you are hungry,yes each and every pictures of her food will tempt you definitely and you will go crazy. If you are searching authentic dishes, just check her space and you will definitely fallen in love with her post.

When she asked me for the guest post, she wants me to make a French bakes,but sorry Nalini i couldnt keep my words, i prepared a no bake French dessert specially for you.


Crème caramel or caramel custard is a custard dessert with a layer of soft caramel on top, as opposed to crème brûlée, which is custard with a hard caramel top. The dish is eaten throughout the world eventhough is dessert is from French Cuisine.

Crème caramel goes for a plain custard where sugar syrup cooked to caramel stage is poured into the mold before adding the custard base. It is usually cooked in a bain-marie on a stove top or in the oven in a water bath. It is turned and served with the caramel sauce on top, hence the alternate French name crème caramel renversée.

But my version of No Bake Eggless Créme caramel doesnt need a oven and its completely egg free, this dessert goes for custard flour, Full fat milk, sugar and agar agar. Just with 4 ingredients you can make an incredible french dessert even if dont have oven at home. Have you noticed that this dessert is also gelatin free, i used china grass aka agar agar in this créme caramel, if you want to make with gelatin feel free to use it.

Check Nalini's space for my guest post..

28 comments:

Nisa Homey said... Reply To This Comment

Priya, custard looks yummy...off to get the the recipe...lovely clicks too.

Rafeeda AR said... Reply To This Comment

awesome recipe akka... would love to try this one soon for sure...

Happy’s Cook said... Reply To This Comment

my all time favourite... inviting..

Treat and Trick said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful photos and looks delicious!

Oriyarasoi said... Reply To This Comment

The pictures are just too good....m sure it tastes even better as all ur recipes do...

meena said... Reply To This Comment

wow,sema clicks,beautifully done.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

they are so cute and absolutely gorgeous sis..

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Aaahhhh super delicious looking caramel custard ..

Menaga Sathia said... Reply To This Comment

Looks sooo inviting priya,my all time fav!!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

my fav. first time I am seeing it without eggs! will try.

Home Cooked food said... Reply To This Comment

awesome dish, soon have to try it.

nandoos kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

very tempting Priya. Wish I was your neighbour. Nice clicks.

Nalini's Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Thank you so much for the wonderful guest post Priya.Awesome recipe with beautiful pictures..

Zareena said... Reply To This Comment

Looks lovely, those cute hearts....

Shama Nagarajan said... Reply To This Comment

yummy and drooling

Finla said... Reply To This Comment

For yesterday dinner shyama made cream caramel but then the baked version, this looks yumm too.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Drooling....

virunthu unna vaanga said... Reply To This Comment

Inviting eggless dessert aks... surely will try this soon...

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

that was a fabulous lookin caramel creme aks and love you step wise pictorials :) what an lovely post i will sure try your creme they have done gud job in tempting me aks !! :)

meena said... Reply To This Comment

Custard set with agar agar that is super awesome I shd say love those pic Priya!u are killing me... I seriously want a heart!!

Swapna Raghu Sanand said... Reply To This Comment

I am a daily visitor to your awesome blog and I have introduced many of my friends to your blog too. Again this is yet another godsend recipe for me. Priya, I can't tell you how famous 'Priya's recipes' are with my family. My fussy 7 year old son happily eats the recipes that I make after reading and taking notes from your blog. I am sure he will love this one too.

Would love to see more breakfast recipes here in case that's possible.

Princy Vinoth said... Reply To This Comment

These look so creamy and perfect.Can't believe they are eggless :)

KrithisKitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely guest post Priya... cute lil hearts..

The Pumpkin Farm said... Reply To This Comment

wonderfully made Priya, you are awesome, it never occurred to me to make it eggless and you made it bake free, loved it

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

beautiful dessert :) woow makes me drool so tempting

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

gorgeous looking desert priya. yum yum

Kalyani said... Reply To This Comment

Now you are tempting me !!! No bake n eggless.... Je prends le prochain vol pour Paris .. j'espère que vous auriez moi comme votre invité ...

Sangeetha M said... Reply To This Comment

wow..so tempting pics, such a beautiful dessert!