Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Irish Oats Scones/Irish Fruits & Oats Scones

Scones, these baked single serving quick breads or cakes are just prefect to kick start a day, if you are not a breakfast person trust me you will never refuse scones. Scones are quite different from teacakes and other sweet breads which calls for yeast. Scones are sold commercially round, but most of the homemade scones takes various shapes like triangles, squares or rounds. I just love scones, as they are easy to carry and go away. Obviously i do bake varieties of scones as this baked goodies are easy to put together and bake. Irish oats scones are quite popular and an incredible healthy breakfast to be enjoyed with some jams or else simply with honey. This easy variety of scones comes from a farmhouse in Ireland.

Oats Scones, Irish Oats Scones

A typical Irish breakfast includes this Irish oats scones or Irish soda bread along with eggs, bacon, sausages, potatoes,tomatoes and beans etc. Yes Irish peoples enjoy their breakfast as much as like festive meals. My today's post is an old classic Irish Fruits and Oats scones, which calls for basic ingredients with couple of dried fruits. A prefect quick scones to give a try, as this scones are very simple to bake and enjoy. Completely eggless, this oats loaded scones makes a complete single serving quick bread to serve even for a lazy sunday brunch as well. Am running this month's blogging marathon as Mega marathon with A-Z baking around the world as theme. After a French cheese loaded puffs, i couldnt stop myself posting this healthy fibre rich Irish Oats Scones for this event.

Irish Oats Scones, Eggless Oats Scones

Recipe Source: Here
1+1/2cup All purpose flour
1cup Quick cooking oats
1tsp Baking powder
2tbsp Sugar
1/4tsp Salt
1/2cup Dried fruits (raisins, cranberries)
1tsp Orange zest
6tbsp Butter (cold)
3/4cup Milk

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Take the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, dried fruits,salt and orange zest in a large bowl.

Mix all the ingredients together.  Add the butter and mix with your fingers until the mixture looks crumbly.

Add the milk, mix until a soft dough forms.

Irish fruits & Oats Scones

Place the dough on a baking sheet lined baking tray,  press into a round thick disc.

Cut the disc into 8 equal wedges and bake for 20-25minutes in middle rack.

Let it cool completely.

Enjoy with your favourite spread.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 75

13 comments:

Ria Samuel said... Reply To This Comment

I am not a big fan of oats and I like recipes where oats are put to use and it kind of gets disguised in the dish. The scones look fabulous and the blogging marathon seems to be progressing wonderfully!

jeenaskitchenrecipes said... Reply To This Comment

Mouthwatering and Delicious...

Srivalli said... Reply To This Comment

The scones have turned out great Priya..so nicely baked!

vaishali sabnani said... Reply To This Comment

I have yet to try my hand on scones , but these look fabulous , orange zest must be making it so flavourful .

Sowmya :) said... Reply To This Comment

Scones have been on my list for long...now with these oats scones, I have the perfect breakfast! They look delicious and very tempting.

Harini R said... Reply To This Comment

Adding orange zest is a great idea. We love scones and I am going to bake these soon.

Namratha said... Reply To This Comment

Gorgeous color on the scones. The oats and orange zest make a great combination.

Sharmila kingsly said... Reply To This Comment

Awesome scones!! i just love its flavour and its golden crust!!

veena said... Reply To This Comment

These scones look delicious. It a long time since I baked scones and now you have tempted me with these

Srividhya said... Reply To This Comment

I am yet to try scones.. this looks amazing and that too with oats.. Simply superb

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said... Reply To This Comment

I have not had great luck with scones in my house and no one cared about it. I have to give it a try once more before I decide my luck with it. Your look so good Priya.

Pavani said... Reply To This Comment

Scones look amazing Priya. I've never added oats to my scones, so I will have to try these some time.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Very interesting oats scones. I havent tried scones yet. Need to try.