Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hyderabadi Bagara Baingan

Few days back, i got a packet of purple small brinjals from Indian grocery, i wanted to make them something different, quite delicious but not as usual tamarind based gravy or simple sitr fry, while going through google, i got this droolworthy Bagara Baingan from Nag's space..Her picture itself tempted me a lot and i tried immediately her version of bagar baingan and served this delicious dish along with simple vegetable briyani for our saturday lunch..Thanks to Nags for sharing this yummy dish and we loved it..This bagara baingan goes to Priya's & Aipi's Bookmarked Recipes..

Bagara Baingan

7nos Purple small brinjals
2tbsp Sesame seeds
2tbsp Peanuts
2tbsp Coconut
1no Onion (chopped finely)
2tsp Ginger garlic paste
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp Cumin seeds
1tbsp Coriander powder
1tsp Red chilly powder
1cup Tamarind juice
Oil
Salt
Chopped coriander leaves

Dry roast the sesame seeds and peanuts until they turns brown, grind these roasted seeds with grated coconut with enough water as smooth paste..

Either u can fry the whole brinjals or u can slice them slightly with stem intact, now fry the brinjals in oil until they turns soft, drain them and keep aside..In the same oil, fry the onions and ginger garlic paste until the onions turns brown, add the grounded paste and fry everything for few minutes..Now add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds, coriander powder and salt, mix well and cook for another few minutes..Finally add the tamarind juice, fried brinjal and cook them with lid closed for 10-12minutes..

Put of the stove and garnish with coriander leaves..

41 comments:

Shanthi Krishnakumar said... Reply To This Comment

I luv this a lot. I can have this with anything

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Hey,

That looks smashing...:)

Dr.Sameena@

http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Pritya said... Reply To This Comment

Bagara Baingan with Biryani. Great combination!
http://pedatha.com

Anu said... Reply To This Comment

This dish looks so delicious..and now i am a happy follower to your blog...

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Have been wanting to try this for long and urs look very tempting

Lakshmi said... Reply To This Comment

looks tempting..

Abhilash Pillai said... Reply To This Comment

I wonder how fast you post recipes. I really appreciate the effort. This recipe is simple and easy to prepare. I was planning to avoid too much of oil in my diet, so let's keep this recipe bookmarked for December when I will be at home. :)

Pavani said... Reply To This Comment

yummy n tempting gravy..

Joyti said... Reply To This Comment

Even if I am not a fan of eggplant, your photograph of the dish is so gorgeous that it might tempt me to change my opinion about the vegetable.

Nandinis food said... Reply To This Comment

Yum! The side dish is very spicy and delicious! I also posted brinjal too.

indianspicemagic said... Reply To This Comment

Tangy and truely tempting brinjals ...

My Kitchen Antics said... Reply To This Comment

i have never succeeded in making this:(

Prema said... Reply To This Comment

Priya making me hungry,luks very very tempting...

aipi said... Reply To This Comment

This is my family favorite..looks absolutely delicious n tempting!
Thanks a lot for linking this to bookmark event.

US Masala

Menaga Sathia said... Reply To This Comment

சூப்பராயிருக்கு,புலாவுக்கேத்த சூப்பர் ஜோடி...

Finla said... Reply To This Comment

With peanuts in them , they look so creamy delicious.

Suji said... Reply To This Comment

Looks stunning as ever..I love brinjals..

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I had tried this watching vahchef's video..loved the unique flavor in it...looks delish Priya.....

Anisheetu said... Reply To This Comment

wow...nice one...I like Baingan vege with gravy...this appears delicious.should try some time.

Priya Sreeram said... Reply To This Comment

truly yummy looking !

Mary Bergfeld said... Reply To This Comment

This really looks tempting. I suspect this is beyond my current ability level but as I grow more proficient I'll give it a try. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Cool Lassi(e) said... Reply To This Comment

I am so drooling just looking at this picture. Fabulous!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I've never had this before. We have an Indian market not far from my house. I need to go with a shopping list.

Soumya said... Reply To This Comment

Bagara baingan with biryani!OMG my favorite...my mouth is watering...very tempting clicks...

Akila said... Reply To This Comment

yummy yummy bhartha....

Nandita SS said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy bghara baingan. I just love stuffed egg plant. I can have them with anything.

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely recipe with lovely pic..

Elaichii said... Reply To This Comment

I can eat that whole thing! Loved your clicks!

Santosh Bangar said... Reply To This Comment

ur dish looking wonderful spicy
do visit my blog

Pushpa said... Reply To This Comment

Looks delicious Priya,my fav.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy baigan...love it with pulao!..

Swathi said... Reply To This Comment

Bagara baingan looks delicious Priya. I need to make them.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

this is just wonderful am drooling over here!

Suja Manoj said... Reply To This Comment

This looks so delicious..the pic is awesome,love it

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Never tasted this before..It looks absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing, Priya..

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Looks simply delicious and tempting mouth watering. Thanks for linking it to our event :)

Satrupa said... Reply To This Comment

Apart from the Hyderabadi Biryani if anything appeals my palette ........ it's the Bagara Baingan. Ur's look awesome

AJ said... Reply To This Comment

Oh that baigan has me wanting to make some curry right now!!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said... Reply To This Comment

very yummy recipe!

Tahemeem said... Reply To This Comment

I love this recipe... my mom makes it and i make it all the time... :)

Cooking Foodie said... Reply To This Comment

I have eaten this many times but never made it... Your recipe will be a keeper...