Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cucumber,Walnut & Oats Smoothie

Am not a breakfast person, sometimes i will totally skip them and have my lunch earlier. But once i went to my family doctor,she was just shocked to know this and she adviced me to have atleast shake or smoothie with my favourite fruits or vegetable for my breakfast. From that day onwards,if i dont feel like having my breakfast, i'll quickly blend some fruits with yogurt or milk and have it instead of skipping. Even my daughter started following it,have her smoothie or shake before she leaves to her school.Here am starting my second week of blogging marathon from today, as usual i'll be running for three days with an interesting theme called cooking with electric appliances. Such a very interesting theme na, my kitchen is loaded with electric appliances, i cant spend a day without them.

I start my day with them and end my day with them,yep the appartment we live dont have gas connection so obviously my stove top goes for electric induction stove. For my first day, i chosed to showcase my favourite Butterfly blender, i carried from India during my last trip, you can either use it as mixer,juicer, whipper as well as blender. I quickly prepared this healthy smoothie  few days back with the magic ingredients of this month's Magic Mingle Challenge,as Kalyani chosed both cucumber and walnuts for this month's challenge along with my favourite grains.Sending this smoothie to my own event Healthy Diet-Filling Smoothies & Shakes by Veena and to my own event CWS-Oats guest hosted by Amruta Pore.Check out the bloggers running this 24th edition of blogging marathon here.Sending to  Siri's Celebrating First Anniversary.


1cup Cucumber (peeled &chopped)
10nos Walnuts (deskinned)
1/2cup Rolled oats (dry roasted)
2cups Yogurt
Honey (as per need)

Blend together the chopped cucumber,walnuts,dry roasted oats,yogurt with honey as thick smoothie.

Transfer it to a glass and enjoy immediately.


46 comments:

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Better start copyrighting these recipes priya!!! Very innovative!!! Healthy n Filling Breakfast!!!

Shama Nagarajan said... Reply To This Comment

super yummy... .

Ongoing events:Fast Food - Poha .
Know your dairy - Milk Events
in my blog.

Nisa Homey said... Reply To This Comment

What an innovative and healthy recipe Priya..

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Delicious and healthy smoothie...

Nandita Pai said... Reply To This Comment

Looks awesome. I love those little heart cut outs on the cucumber slices :) Cute!!!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Super healthy is the first thing that came to my mind as I read the title and it looks yum was the second.

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

what a lovely refreshing drink.. :)

Faseela said... Reply To This Comment

healthy smoothie

Indian Khana said... Reply To This Comment

interesting combo ...looks yum

Deeksha said... Reply To This Comment

Very healthy smoothie. Nice combo.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

awesome combo.looks so yum and healthy.

Sanoli Ghosh said... Reply To This Comment

super healthy and interesting smoothie Priya. How did you match this combo dear?

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

healthy combos priya.. yummy yum..

Sona said... Reply To This Comment

The smoothie looks refreshing and perfect for a healthy breakfast.

Spill the Spices

HomeKreation said... Reply To This Comment

Sounds healthy....!

Jayashree said... Reply To This Comment

Life without a blender is unimaginable, Priya. Nice, healthy breakfast option.

Sweet'n'Savoury said... Reply To This Comment

Such a healthy combo..loved it

Padmajha said... Reply To This Comment

Unusual yet healthy shake.Very innovative recipe Priya...

Sushma said... Reply To This Comment

very interesting ingredients Priya..looks so healthy and yummy

Manju said... Reply To This Comment

Wow interesting same thing happens in my home bookmarking this.

Laavanya said... Reply To This Comment

I've never thought of including cucumber in a smoothie before... I've got to try this... in the summer for sure. With the cold weather now i only want hot breakfasts :)

Binys Recipes said... Reply To This Comment

cucumber in smoothie very new to me...but surely its healthy and yummy

radha said... Reply To This Comment

Nice smoothie. Refreshing and filling too.

Sangeetha Priya said... Reply To This Comment

Unique n healthy combo, better way to kick off a day!!!

Finla said... Reply To This Comment

Really healthy.

divya said... Reply To This Comment

Delicious n healthy drink! !! Drooling clicks!!

Vikis Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Smoothie looks delicious as well as healthy. A great way to make everyone enjoy oats. Nice one Priya!

Menaga Sathia said... Reply To This Comment

Nice combo of super healthy BF!!

Hema said... Reply To This Comment

Very healthy one Priya, you need it for your marathon..

Sangeetha M said... Reply To This Comment

very interesting combo Priya...i usually make cucumber buttermilk drink...this with walnut n oats are added nutrients, very healthy too...

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

very healthy and filling smoothie.


hotpotcooking said... Reply To This Comment

What a great way to start with this healthy and cool drink

Saraswathi Ganeshan said... Reply To This Comment

Very inovative and healthy drink priya.

Kitchen Chronicles said... Reply To This Comment

A different but healthy smoothie.

The Pumpkin Farm said... Reply To This Comment

how refershing must have that been

Sangeetha Nambi said... Reply To This Comment

Real interesting one...
http://recipe-excavator.blogpspot.com

Lifewithspices said... Reply To This Comment

heartyyyy

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said... Reply To This Comment

Very new to me...yummy and healthy.

divyagcp said... Reply To This Comment

Healthy smoothie.. Seems to be very filling.. Perfect to start the day.. By the way love those two hearts you have made of cucumber.. They are cute.. :)

Rajani S said... Reply To This Comment

I too used to skip breakfast since there is time crunch in the mornings, but now, I am trying to be more conscious about eating something. Smoothies are a great idea, though I take oats for a shortcut :D.

Archana said... Reply To This Comment

Iam making this.

Suma Gandlur said... Reply To This Comment

Healthy way to start the day.

Chef Mireille said... Reply To This Comment

would never have thought of this combo of ingredients - so happy and can only imagine the taste

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Been there & done that with skipping BF. All I can say is, eat/drink something. This smoothie looks perfectly delicious for a starter.

Kalyani said... Reply To This Comment

yummy drink there :-)

Kalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Event : Winter Foods : 30 min Challenge

Srivalli said... Reply To This Comment

Priya first I must say your header picture is lovely, next the recipe is surely brilliant and third those cucumber hearts are so so cute!..you are too much ok..:)