Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Remembering Jayasree - A Tribute To A Wonderful Blogger


Picture courtesy by Lata Akka

We can cross many persons everyday but some will touch your heart with their smiling face even virtually..

I still cant believe Jayasree Satish of Kailas Kitchen is no more among us...

It was a big shock for me when i came to know through FB by Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen's status that Jayasree passed away on 12th october cause of pneumonia, i couldnt able to believe it and readed her status twice to confirm it, coz Jayasree was quite active in FB with her navarathiri menus and pictures even before few days..

She was a wonderful blogger who never failed to leave her encouraging words and i never failed to visit her space..We never met really but she was someone closed to my heart,whenever i post something in my space or in FB, she never failed to leave her thoughts about it..Through her space, even a beginner in cooking can make out wonderful authentic dishes as she shared many authentic South Indian dishes with wonderful descriptions..We truly missing you Jayasree...

To honour her memory, i prepared her Soya Vaangi Bhath..

We are calling anyone who either followed her blog or knew her to join your hands with us in this tribute to Jayasree..
Visit her blog Experiments in Kailas Kitchen,choose any recipe as you wish..
Take a picture of the dish you have tried from her space..
Visit her page 'Kailas Kitchen' on facebook,post your picture there with the original recipe's link..
You can prepare as many recipes as you can,feel free to share your thoughts about Jaysree..

1cup Rice
1cup Soyachunks
2cups Eggplants (chopped)
1no Onion (chopped)
2tsp Ginger garlic paste
1tbsp Lemon
1tsp Mustard seeds+urad dal
Curry leaves

To Grind:
1no Cinnamon stick
3nos Cardamom
1tsp Poppyseeds
2tbsp Grated coconut

Dry roast all the ingredients for grind and grind a fine powder,meanwhile cook the soyachunks with enough water and squeeze out the excess of water,keep aside..Pressure cook the rice and spread in a plate,let them cool completely..

Heat a kadai,let splutters the mustard seeds,urad dal,curry leaves, saute the onion until they turns brown, add the chopped eggplants,ginger garlic chilly paste and saute until the veggies turns tender, add the soya,salt and cook..now sprinkle some water and cook in medium flame..

Add the rice,grounded masala powder, toss everything gently and put off the fire,add the lemon juice,give a quick stir and serve hot with chips or papads..


37 comments:

Samira said... Reply To This Comment

Very true... Blogging is a space where though we dont meet each other, but some how our hearts are connected to each other and make us grow closer.... I often visited her blog and after reading the news of her sad demise I immediately chekd out her blog once again and the feeling of something amiss instantly hit me. The feeling is too heavy to believe it to be true.... May her soul rest in peace...

Sangeetha M said... Reply To This Comment

So sad to hear this Priya...s as u said thru blogging some become very close to our heart...I know her space well n recently saw some updates from her on FB also...I too want to join in this tribute,def will try some recipe from her space n share with u all...let her soul rest in peace.

Sobha Shyam said... Reply To This Comment

really sad to hear this news, I don't know or follow her, but its true that some of the blogger friends become so close to us even though we don't meet, May God give strength to her family..nice to know abt the tribute..

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

i did not know her personally, but it surely is a great loss to the blogosphere....may she rest in peace....will join u guys in giving her tribute....

Reshmi Mahesh said... Reply To This Comment

Sad and shocking news Priya... I know her through blogging sphere and as you said even if u dont meet a person you are attached to some by heart...May her soul rest in peace.

Julie said... Reply To This Comment

I don't know Jeyashree nor knew this blog,but this is a real shock to hear this..Its very true that we have many friends around whom we don't see but feel us around !!May the soul depart in peace..

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said... Reply To This Comment

O I cant believe this. we exchanged mails even a few months ago and now you are sharing this ...oh my God am in total shock.
May God bless her soul.

Madhavi said... Reply To This Comment

Oh God very shocking :(( May her soul RIP..

FewMinute Wonders said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya,

I just started to look at blogs today. Its so had to hear that we have lost one among our fellow bloggers. She will be missed. How are you? Will try her recipes soon.

Mrs K said... Reply To This Comment

Priya,I was not following Jayshree's blog until now-I just did that,after I read your post.It is very sad,and I pray to God to give strength to everyone in her family.I will be joining in to make a recipe from her blog to pay my tribute,God Bless her soul!!!

MySpicyKitchen said... Reply To This Comment

I remember visiting her blog during the marathons. Can't believe she is no more.. :( May her soul rest in peace

Cool Lassi(e) said... Reply To This Comment

I am definitely going to join this tribute.Perhaps during the weekend. I am still not over this shock. God took her away from her family wayyyy before her time. I dunno if she has kids..my heart goes out to her family who have been dealt with an extremely cruel blow from fate. She was an extreme source of inspiration with her great recipes!

Hamaree Rasoi said... Reply To This Comment

Such a depressing news Priya. I was a follower of her blog space and was an admirer of her recipes. May her soul rest in peace.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Vaishali said... Reply To This Comment

That's really shocking, Priya. Jayashree was a lovely person indeed. I'll try and join in the tribute.

Aarthi said... Reply To This Comment

Oh no...I too visit her blog often.She is a great blogger.Its really paining to hear this news..May her soul Rest in peace...

Sumi said... Reply To This Comment

I share the same thoughts as you. She was such a sweet person and never fail to read her posts. Will miss her a lot.

Sangeetha Nambi said... Reply To This Comment

No Words :( I can only say RIP :(

Fairy Garden said... Reply To This Comment

Heartfelt condolence to Jayashree. One more smile passed away.
I am just a amateur in cooking, but I will try to do one dish from her blog by showing my gratitude towards her.

Let God make her soul rest in peace.

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

I only came to know through Lata. Still it is unbelievable for me.

vandana rajesh said... Reply To This Comment

This is really so shocking. Saw it on FB and just couldn't believe it as she has been so active. In the blogging world though we haven't seen or met each other still feel like we know each other so well as every morning starts with visiting the blogs and reading the posts.

Raji said... Reply To This Comment

It is really difficult to believe that Jayasree is no more. This is a lovely tribute to a person who always inspired everybody with her warm comments and best wishes.

Padhu Sankar said... Reply To This Comment

I do not know her and do not follow her but as a blogger I feel very sad. Surely it is a big loss to blogosphere.May her soul rest in peace.

Suchitra Vaidyaram said... Reply To This Comment

really sorry to hear the news- she has touched so many lives with her blog recipes

Nandita SS said... Reply To This Comment

This is such a lovely gesture Priya!!! Even I used to follow Jayashree's blog from time to time and neither could I believe that she is no more :( May her soul rest in peace :)

Priya dharshini said... Reply To This Comment

I feel heavy to see her in the picture.....Nice post on a wonderful blogger..

Jayanthy Kumaran said... Reply To This Comment

Its a great shock, when I came to know in FB in Aparna's status..!
she is a wonderful blogger..
let her soul rest in peace.
my deep condolescence to her family..
Tasty Appetite

Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said... Reply To This Comment

I did not know her personally, but I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. May God give her family the strength to bear the loss. And may her soul rest in Peace.

Finla said... Reply To This Comment

I agree it is still difficult to believe that she is not there anymore.

Asha said... Reply To This Comment

Even though I am very new to her blog, I think she was great from your post and the responses it received. May her soul rest in peace and praying for her sorrowing family...

Pavani said... Reply To This Comment

so sad to here the news.just now i saw the news in ur blog.sure i will try a recipe from her blog..

Kiran said... Reply To This Comment

I did not know Jayashree but am going to try a dish from her blog as a tribute to her.May God rest her soul in peace.My heart-felt condolences to her family.

Asiya Omar said... Reply To This Comment

i didn't know her,very sad.my prayers for her sorrowing family.may her soul rest in peace..

Poornima Nair said... Reply To This Comment

Thats a lovely tribute Priya...I didn't really know her. Will surely try to participate

Lifewithspices said... Reply To This Comment

Oh am so so sorry Shes no more i cant believe it .. Def shes a wonderful blogger .. i like her recipes so so much..sure am joining in..

Vegetarian Zest said... Reply To This Comment

Really sad to hear about her demise. It's unbelievable that such a talent had to leave our world so soon. May her soul rest in peace.

Sensible Vegetarian said... Reply To This Comment

Indeed Priya, it was a very shocking news and still I couldn't digest it.

Amila said... Reply To This Comment

this is a very shocking & sad news...May her soul rest in peace...