If you are planning to make a snack that can delight your taste buds then try this cake pop. Being first timer on this blog , I am grateful to the blog owner for allowing me to share a guest blog. I would also like to introduce to the new cake pop site “How to make cake pops”. You can also find other interesting design of cake pops and other helpful steps to create a tasty cake pops by visiting this beautiful cake pop site.
For Making Sponge cake
- White flour (all purpose flour) - 3/4 cup
- baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- baking powder - 3/4 tsp
- vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- sour cream - 1/2 cup
- salt - 1/8 tsp
- sugar (extra, if needed) - 1/2 cup
- oil - ¼ cup
- Candy wafers - white
- Lollipop sticks
- Black edible gel pen to draw hexagon shapes
- Strain and combine purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into one bowl and keep it aside.
- Then mix yogurt sugar, oil and vanilla essence into another bowl. Whisk till you get smooth and creamy mixture.
- Then mix in flour mixture into wet ingredients and Mix well. Remember not to over mix the flour into wet ingredients, if you want the best cake.
- Switch the oven to 375 F. Bake the cake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Allow the cake to cool down .Once the cakes cool down, divide the cake into small pieces and scrambled it completely.
- Add in vanilla frosting into crumbled cake. Knead well and make cake balls .
- Place all cake balls into freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt the candy chocolate( vanilla) into microwave for 40 seconds.
- Remove the cake balls out from freezer and dip lollipop stick into melted chocolate and pop in the stick through the chilled cake balls.
- Dip the cake pop into meted chocolate and take out any excess chocolate to drip off before you invert the pops in the foam. Allow the cake pops to dry.
- Then mark the hexagon shapes on the white coated pops and fill it using black gel writer
- Soccer ball cake pops are ready
About the Author: Pranjali Naik is a food blogger and owner of foodydelight.