Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Announcing AFAM-Olives

First of all i have to say Big Thanks to Maheswari of Beyond The Usual for giving me this opportunity to host AFAM (A Fruit A Month)..After googling i came to know that any vegetables which have seeds are literally fruits n i went through the list of AFAM already hosted by various fellow bloggers, none used Olives for their AFAM..

Olive is a fruit of Olivier Tree which has been used in gastronomy of many countries...Spain has become the world's largest producer of olives and olive oil..Olives are a favored treat of Mexicans too.. Green n black olives are used everywhere in World in appertif, salads, pizzas, breads etc.. Olive oil also used for seasoning the salads also for cooking...


(photo by fotosearch.com)
Here comes wat u need to do for:

1)1. Prepare any recipe using Green/Black Olives or Olive oil as its main ingredient and post about it on your blog by 30th April, 2009

2)Multiple entries are most welcome. You can also send from archives, it should be properly updated and reposted.Posts should be linked back to this announcement post and Maheswari's Blog.

3)Send the following details to Priyasuresh09@gmail.com with thr AFAM: Olives as its subject line:

Your Name
Blog name
Recipe Name:
Recipe Url:
A photo of 300pixels (width)
4)The use of logo is optional, but if you use the logo it will be so nice of u guys!

5)If you are a non blogger, dont worry..you can send me ur entries through mail with above details and a picture of ur recipe, i will surely post them in roundup..

Gals!! Send me all ur creative, delicious n fabulous recipes to my mail address before the deadline.. Am eagerly waiting to see all ur recipes n hope this AFAM will be surely a big hit!!!!

27 comments:

suvi said... Reply To This Comment

yay...i have just the thing for this!!

Lavanya said... Reply To This Comment

I will try to send one priya..nice event on olive fruit:)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

ooh olives one of my fav. fruit great choice for the event dear
I have already sent my first entry please check it out.

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Olives :) will surely send something

Finla said... Reply To This Comment

I do have a dish with olives i am sure going to send them, good that i can send non veg.

Mangala Bhat said... Reply To This Comment

Hey priya ...Olives my fav ...will surely send something :) Thanks ..and happy hosting :)

FH said... Reply To This Comment

YAY! I love Olives, will think of something! :)

Trupti said... Reply To This Comment

lovely theme Priya will try to send something

Vikis Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Very nice theme. Love to participate and to see the round up:)

Indian Khana said... Reply To This Comment

Gud one....will try to send something...:)

Saritha said... Reply To This Comment

nice theme priya,all the best

CurryLeaf said... Reply To This Comment

Wow,different yet delectable.Will surely try to make something.

Deepa Hari said... Reply To This Comment

Olives are my fav...will send my entry soon Priya.

Chutneytales said... Reply To This Comment

Love olives..Nice theme :)

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

Great choice Priya!

sathya said... Reply To This Comment

Hi priya, count me in ;)

Poornima Nair said... Reply To This Comment

Great choice Priya...will try to send in something.

Priya Sriram said... Reply To This Comment

Different choice Priya! I'm thinking what I can prepare with olives! :)

Lisa Turner said... Reply To This Comment

Olives are one of my very favorite foods. I love your theme and will certainly be looking forward to the roundup. I'll try to send something along.

Manju said... Reply To This Comment

mmm..never knew olives were fruits!! will think of something to send in :)

Varsha Vipins said... Reply To This Comment

wow,,Pink is just over n u r up with olives,..Go go super lady..;)..I am not a fan of olive as sch,but use olive oil a lot.waiting to see the entrees..:)

Vaishali said... Reply To This Comment

Olives are one of my favorite foods, and I am definitely in for this one!

KonkaniBlogger said... Reply To This Comment

Hey Priya, just sent you my entry, hope you got it.

sharada said... Reply To This Comment

hi,
Thank you dear for visitng my space & inviting for me to participate in this event.
Will surely chip in...nice theme-olive.

Neha said... Reply To This Comment

nice theme, 'll try to send something...

Bhagyashri said... Reply To This Comment

Thats a good choice, though I am not particularly fond of olives, it will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with.
BTW if I remember correctly the logo is one of Sig's photo (Live to Eat) and I am not sure how fotosearch has it...just thought of checking with you :)

Lisa Turner said... Reply To This Comment

Just sent in my entry :)