Saturday, April 23, 2016

Tarte au Fromage/French Cheese Tart

Cheese is the most favourite of French peoples, being an Indian for me cheese was something we see or cook rarely in our Indian cuisine, obviously when i saw a section of varieties of cheeses at every provisional store i was completely surprised. I dont eat all the varieties of cheeses exists here, am very selective when its comes to cheese. My all time favourite is Emmental cheese which is mild in flavor almost like the cheddar cheese. Either grated or else sliced, this emmental cheese works awesome in anything and you can make varieties of dishes out of this beautiful cheese. If you are a follower of my space, you might have noticed that i have been posting different dishes from French cuisine since three weeks as am running a month of blogging marathon with Journey through the cuisine as theme for this whole month's marathon.

French cheese tart, Tarte au fromage

My today's post was supposed to be a dish's name starts with 'T' as am posting dishes in alphabetic order, obviously when i planned to pick a cheesy dish with T,i immediately baked this ultimate tart with three cheeses. Fromage means cheese in French, since France is one of the best country to see varieties of cheese after Switzerland, i seriously want to bake the most famous Tarte au fromage aka cheese tart for my today's post. Actually this tart calls for three cheeses, obviously a slice of this tart makes an excellent meal if you serve this tart at room temperature with a simple salad. If you dont calculate your calory intake, this tart will definitely satisfy your tastebuds, however having this much rich tart once a while will definitely make a cheese lover super happy.

Tarte au fromage, French cheese tart

Pie dough:
2cups All purpose flour
Salt
1/2tsp Sugar
1/2cup Butter
1/4cup Olive oil

Take the flour in a bowl, add the salt,sugar,butter and olive oil, mix with your fingers to make a crumble like texture.

Gradually add the water and make a smooth dough. Wrap it and arrange in fridge for an hour.

For filling:
2cups Grated Cheese (i used emmental, goat cheese & mozzarella)
1cup Milk
1/2cup Heavy cream
2nos Eggs
3tbsp All purpose flour
Salt
Pepper powder
1/2tsp Dry herbs (parsley,thymn leaves)
Olive oil

Preheat the oven to 350F, roll the already prepared pie dough as medium thick disc and tranfer it gently to a tart mould.

Whisk the eggs,milk,heavy cream,flour,dry herbs in a bowl.

Add in the grated cheeses,salt,pepper powder to the whisked egg mixture.

French 3 cheeses tart

Pour this mixture to the already prepared  pie dough.

Bake for 30-35minutes until the crust turns golden brown.

Serve at room temperature or cold as medium sized wedges.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 63
An InLinkz Link-up

16 comments:

MySpicyKitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Though I eat cheese, I do not like too much of it. Cheese tart looks so yummy and inviting.

Srivalli said... Reply To This Comment

I am sure that was so sinful Priya..wonderful choice for T..

Binys Recipes said... Reply To This Comment

Gorgeous looking cheese tart

vaishali sabnani said... Reply To This Comment

Fantastic pie, beautifully made..perfectly made and an excellent choice for the alphabet.

Amara’s cooking said... Reply To This Comment

Cheese Tart looks Gorgeous Priya, excellent choice:)

Red said... Reply To This Comment

As an American, I LOVE cheese. I'd never call cheddar "mild", though. Of course, if I'm purchasing cheddar I usually get the strong cheddar. One of my favorite mild cheeses is the classic swiss cheese. I've pinned this recipe to try later!

Pavani said... Reply To This Comment

That is one delicious looking cheese tart Priya.

Suma Gandlur said... Reply To This Comment

I am not a fan of cheese, not even paneer. However there are cheese fans in my home and this tart is an excellent one for cheese lovers.

Srividhya said... Reply To This Comment

I need to still get used to the goat cheese taste.. And yet to try emmental cheese. these is an amazing tart.

Kalyani said... Reply To This Comment

I like savoury bakes n this looks to be a gooey cheesy tart

Gayathri Kumar said... Reply To This Comment

Awesome tart Priya. Love the variety of cheeses used, though I have tried only mozarella..

Harini R said... Reply To This Comment

I agree Priya, this is a paradise for cheese lovers.

Smruti Ashar said... Reply To This Comment

I love cheese and your version of the tart looks delicious. Wonderful pick!

cookingwithsapana said... Reply To This Comment

Awseome looking cheese tart.Lovely choice Priya.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said... Reply To This Comment

The tart looks wonderful Priya! I would love to taste some :)

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

That is a cheese heaven, droolicious!!