Friday, June 7, 2013

Rendez Vous With A Foodie ~~ Arthy of Sumanarthy's Kitchen

Today is 7th june and am happy to introduce an another budding blogger today as am hosting Rendez Vous With a Foodie,an event where newbie bloggers share about them, their passion for foods,blogging and with a beautiful guest post. I started this event just to showcase new bloggers to this immense virtual blogging world and this event runs twice a month.For some personnal reason,i couldnt able to do this guest post last month itself, thanks to my hosts of this month for understanding my situation.



Coming to today's guest host, its none other than Arthy of Sumanarthy's Kitchen, Arthy is from Malaysia and her space is a treasure for Malay cuisine, you can cross variety foods there. I came to know Arthy few months back, one day she pinged me and asked a guest post, immediately i accepted her request for guest posting, then we started chatting rarely.Then an another day,i got to know more about her through an another blogger, now we are best buddies and she call me Ka with loads of love. She is very lovable,down to earth,honest,modest and very adorable person with a huge heart, ask her some tips for dieting she will immediately share A-Z about dieting.Thanks Arthy dear for sending me this beautiful guest post and am honoured.

Lets meet our this month's host Arthy..

Wow, blogging is an awesome experience getting to know many sisters all over the world, even without meeting face to face the chemistry is fantastic....hehehe, I got to know Priya Suresh ka of Priya's Versatile Recipes last year while blogging and she have even done a guest post for my blog.

1)Tell us about your blog and you?
Okay, now let me introduce myself for those who don't know me, I'm Arthy of Sumanarthy's Kitchen. I started blogging in the year 2011 but lost my older blog due to unforeseen circumstances and started this blog. I have been actively blogging ever since, I'm Biomedicine post grad who have been learning to cook since the age of 11.

2)Before and after blogging,tell us wat blogging changed your life?
Life before blogging was plain as I hardly mingle around with strangers but blogging made me a much more approachable person and I have been trying a lot of recipes out of what I have tasted and learnt from my mom.

3)When and what motivated you to blog about food?
I was so much motivated to start a blog on my own when I wanted to share those recipes I have learnt from my mom and aunt, blogging was the only way I could introduce wonderful family recipes which I love. Another must mention reason that motivated me to blog is my beloved hubby who loves home cooked food, I learnt cooking variety of dishes to impress him and all this while he inspires me to try out new recipes and not forgetting my other family members.

4)There are tons of blogs/pages on food these days,what according to you is the speciality of your blog and the food that you cook?
There are tons of blogs out there but what I can say about my blog is that, most of the recipes are from my mom and some I have created over these years of cooking.

5) Every newbie blogger faces ton of challenges when its comes to blogging,tell me about one of the challenges you faced?
The first challenge that I faced was when I have just started blogging, I didn't know anything bout blog but over time I have learnt a lot of things that improved my blogging not forgetting some of blogger sisters helped me to correct the mistakes that I made. The second will be food photography, when I started blogging I wanted to present the dish I prepared as it is but after visiting many other sisters, I got to know how important it is food styling and food photography to promote my recipes and blog.

6)Few  tips about food photography?
I'm still in learning process and I don't have much tips on food photography but what I can say is that you don't need expensive and exclusive props or camera but the interest and initiative to present the dish you cook is very much appreciated.

7)Wat is your budget for the props,do you have any or else do you manage with your household stuffs? How do you plan your blogspots?
I don't have any specific budget on props and I make use of what I have at home, previously when I was not working I post a new recipe almost everyday but now since I'm busy with business and work, my schedule is quite tight and I rarely post. I need sometime to adjust to the timing of taking pictures as by the time I reach home it would be evening and the lighting is not favorable for clicking.

8)Do you have any other passions apart from food blogging?
Apart from blogging I love reading novels and sewing but I hardly find time for both these hobbies. Best recipes that I would have blogged so far would be my varieties of Sambals as Malaysia is so famous for the it.

Anyway I would love to take this opportunity to thank Priya ka for the wonderful chance given to me to share about my blog and recipes. Love you ka!

Now let me bring you to the special recipe that I have prepared for my lovely Priya ka, Coriander Pepper Chicken. This is a very simple but delicious dish that you should taste, I'm sure people who don't fancy spicy food would definitely love this.


Coriander Pepper Chicken:
Ingredients:

500g of boneless chicken (cut into small pieces)
A bunch of coriander leaves
1 large tomato (sliced into wedges)
2 large onions (sliced thinly)
2 tbsp of coriander powder
1/2 tbsp of crushed black pepper
1 tsp of whole black pepper corns
1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
1/4 tsp of fennel powder
1/4 tsp of cumin powder
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
3 tbsp of oil
1 tsp of ghee
Salt to taste

In a pan, heat oil and fry cinnamon stick, star anise and onions until translucent, then add in the chicken pieces, turmeric and salt, this mixture should be fried without adding any water as the chicken will release enough water to cook it.

Now add in coriander powder, cumin powder, fennel powder and black pepper corns and let this cook together with the chicken.

Now add in ghee, tomato and chopped coriander to the chicken and let it cook until tomato is totally mushy and blends well with the chicken gravy.

Let the chicken fry in the oil and completely cooked, finally add in the crushed black pepper according to your spice tolerance.

Now our Coriander Pepper Chicken is ready to be served with roti, plain rice or anything you wish. I hope you will try this dish and let me know how it turned out for you!


Droolworthy coriander pepper chicken na, hope you guys have enjoyed this hot and spicy chicken fry, dont forget to visit Arthy's space.

Stay tuned friends, i'll be back with an another newbie blogger on 20th June for this event.

15 comments:

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Tq ka for those lovely intro....

MyBakingDiary said... Reply To This Comment

The chicken looks wonderfully yummy Arthy!! Priya, it is really very thoughtful & caring of you to provide guest posting opportunity to newbies!

Vimitha Durai said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful guest post... love her blog

Laxmipriya said... Reply To This Comment

nice chicken recipe.. checking her blog.. :)

Rafeeda AR said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely guest post from a lovely person...yummy chicken preperation...

Priya Anandakumar said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely guest post and superb chicken....

meena said... Reply To This Comment

lovely clicks,lovely to know about you more.superb chicken yaar,so tempting.

Angie's Recipes said... Reply To This Comment

The pepper chicken looks very tasty! Thank you for introducing us another wonderful blogger. Nice to meet you, Arthy.

Vidya Chandrahas said... Reply To This Comment

It's nice to know more about you Arthy. Wonderful chicken..looks yumm.

Nithya said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely guest post.. Nice to know about you Arthy..

Joanne T Ferguson said... Reply To This Comment

G'day! The Chicken looks lovely, TRUE!
Love meeting new food bloggers and their stories worldwide too!
Cheers! Joanne
What's On The List
http://www.whatsonthelist.net

Sanoli Ghosh said... Reply To This Comment

Very flavorful chicken. A great combo with rotis.

today's post:
http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/06/khatti-mithi-moong-sweet-sour-mungo.html

Janani said... Reply To This Comment

I love it so damn good I got to try it for sure looks so good.

sushmita pandit said... Reply To This Comment

This is just awesome...

Nilu A said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful guest post Priya.. Thanks for sharing.. Loved it.. The chicken looks simple, easy to make yet delicious Arthy :-)