Sunday, May 11, 2014

Oven Roasted Masala Cashewnuts

Cashews,almonds and pistachios are my favourite nuts,my pantry will always have bags of these nuts.My betterhalf love to munch nuts for his evening snacks,obviously i'll try to add nuts in most of the evening snacks i usually prepare at home. Recently i prepared some roasted cashewnuts in oven with simple Indian spices, trust me they came out extremely fabulous, very addictive with less oil, better than the deep fried ones and definitely hard to resist. I prepared this oven roasted masala cashewnuts with a cup of cashews, but trust me they vanished very quickly and we couldnt stop munching them once they gets ready. Better to munch them when they gets cool completely, you can have this fantastic masala cashewnuts either as snacks or as appetizier for a party menu, however we enjoyed having these crispy nuts for our evening snacks.

I spiced this cashews with red chilly powder, chaat masala and amchur powder with salt and a teaspoon of oil. You can add your favourite spices to spice up these cashews in case if you dont like chaat masala or amchur powder.Am running my 2nd week of blogging marathon with evening snacks as theme,obviously for the next two days i'll be posting different evening snacks.Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#40. .Sending to my event CWS- Cashew guest hosted by Sathya Priya of My Kitchen Odyssey.


1cup Cashew nuts
1/2tsp Red chilly powder
1/4tsp Amchur powder/dry mango powder
1/2tsp Chaat masala
Salt
1tsp Oil

Mix the spice powders,water and oil in a bowl.

Add the cashews to it, toss everything well.

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Spread this spiced cashews to a baking paper lined over a baking tray.

Roast it for 20-25minutes, dont forget to turn twice while roasting.

Let it cool completely.

Conserve it in an air tightened box.

Enjoy as evening snacks.

30 comments:

Srivalli said... Reply To This Comment

My folks love this Priya..esp after using the MW mode, this has become such a treat in quick time..

Angie's Recipes said... Reply To This Comment

Irresistible!
What is Amchur?

Priya said... Reply To This Comment

oh yummy yummy ..can eat the whole bowl.

Oriyarasoi said... Reply To This Comment

Very nice snack!!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Healthy cashew nuts for evening snacks and oven roasted masala cashew nuts are jst simply awesome... :)

Rafeeda AR said... Reply To This Comment

akka... pls pass that on to me... i'd love to munch on them...

great-secret-of-life said... Reply To This Comment

my son fav.. very addictive

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Perfect color, addictive snack! Happy Mother's day Priya.

vaishali sabnani said... Reply To This Comment

awesome crunchy bites..suits all ages!.. rich and delicious

Recipe world said... Reply To This Comment

Aww, cashew looks super tempting!

Fullscoops said... Reply To This Comment

Oh lovely! Love to munch on this!

Vidhya said... Reply To This Comment

My hubby too loves roasted nuts,I am sure this would be a big hit in my place.Thanks for sharing.

Sundari Nathan said... Reply To This Comment

yummy!! yummy!! can I grab that box??

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

I love making roasted nuts- can't wait to try this variation. Thanks for sharing!

Tanya said... Reply To This Comment

So tempting snack akka.. I cant stop eating it :)

Kaveri Venkatesh said... Reply To This Comment

Irresistible...just can't stop with one

nandoos kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

nice snack.. Pls pass it on to me..

Gita Jaishankar said... Reply To This Comment

Wow...such yummy-looking cashews...I can finish off that whole bowl :)

Laxmipriya said... Reply To This Comment

irrestible snack.. will definetly grab a few if I come there.. my most fav snack.. :)

Denny said... Reply To This Comment

awesome pics Priya..where did you find such beautiful looking cashews.

Hema said... Reply To This Comment

So nicely done and so neatly presented..

Pavani said... Reply To This Comment

yummy yummy masala kaju.

Nisha said... Reply To This Comment

Thats an irresistible snack Priya! Good one.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Irresistibly good.. Super yum snack.

pepper bowl said... Reply To This Comment

Best nutritional food for the teens!! must try this for my son too!!

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said... Reply To This Comment

Such a quick snack! Kids would love this...

Archana said... Reply To This Comment

Yum. Love it. I jhave so many packets of cashewnuts lying around will make this. Thanks Priya

Harini R said... Reply To This Comment

These sure are very addictive Priya!

Varada's Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Roasted cashews! Can't stop with one.

Suma Gandlur said... Reply To This Comment

Very addictive and you have made them less guilty. :)